New to the Goolwa market and freshly renovated.
Gracie's Rose Cottage is set in a beautiful rose filled garden, in a quiet location only a short walk to the main street cafes, galleries, antique shops and hotels on Goolwa's famous Cadell Street and boutique brewery and winery outlets at the historic wharf.
Front entrance has ramp access and deck under the front veranda and there is an undercover BBQ area just outside the back door with a Weber Q.
A large undercover carport (dimensions W=4.1m, H=2m, and D= 7.3 m ) with roller door access provides secure parking for the car or boat behind closed doors and the circular driveway allows for 2-3 cars to park off the road.
What's Inside at Gracie's Rose Cottage?
Gracie's Rose Cottage offers three bedrooms (2 x Queens and 1 x Double) and a trundle bed (2 x singles) in the rear sleep-out (suitable for 2 children), a full kitchen (with dishwasher) and large open plan, air-conditioned dining/lounge area, plus fully enclosed rear garden and side carport for 4 legged family members.
Guest are to supply their own linen and towels or linen packs can be supplied at an extra cost. Linen packs include top and bottom sheets, bath and hand towels and bath mats - please request linen packs at the time of confirming your booking. (Linen packs are left for guest to make up the beds).
Gracie's Rose Cottage is pet friendly -our border collie Millie loves to stay at Gracie’s Rose Cottage (Nanna’s Place) with the
- fully fenced rear yard
- fully enclosed side carport (roller door at front) with access to the house and side garden
- dog bowls and dog treats
and plenty of great dog walks nearby, Gracie’s is an ideal home away from home.
- off leash beach walks before 10am and after 6pm at Goolwa Beach – don’t forget to order bacon with breakfast at dog friendly Bombora’s Cafe at Goolwa Beach
- exploring the Encounter Walking and Bike Track – park on Beach Road and walk as far as you can along the coastal path and then back on the beach
- a walk down the main street of Goolwa and around the wharf area and over the bridge to Hindmarsh Island. Hector’s Cafe at the wharf is dog friendly too!
- Port Elliott Dog Park (look for the signs off the Main Victor Harbor Road to the right) fully fenced dog park with separately fenced area for small dogs.
What to Do and See in and Around Goolwa
Goolwa is the gateway to the Coorong National Park and boasts pristine swimming and surf beaches, Steam Ranger Heritage Railway, (known as the Cockle Train) and is home port to the PS Oscar W. Spend some time exploring Hindmarsh Island, local markets, wineries, fine food and eclectic mix of clothing, antique and curiosity shops throughout the Fleurieu Peninsula.
Historic Strathalbyn is a leisurely 30 minute drive, only a further 10 minutes to Langhorne Creek wineries. Famous seaside townships of Middleton, Port Elliott and Victor Harbor are just 20 minutes down the coast. View the Murray River (including the Murray Mouth), Coorong and Southern ocean from the many lookouts and walk ways.
Whale watching is a favourite winter pastime for locals along the coast from Port Elliott to Victor Harbor.
A collection of tourism information including Encounter Bikeway, Mount Compass Produce Trail, Murray Mouth and Coast Tourist Drive and local Events Guide is available at the Cottage.
Gracies Rose Cottage Goolwa is an easy 1 hour drive from Adelaide and is a 45 minute drive to the Kangaroo Island Ferry at Cape Jervis.