All bedding, linen and bath towels are supplied as well as incidentals including soap, toilet paper, dishwashing supplies and bbq gas . BYO beach towels.
We do the general cleaning - simply leave neat, dishes done and kitchen as on arrival, BBQ cleaned and rubbish placed in bins provided on site.
Check in from 2.00pm Check out 10.00am
On Sunday check out is extended to 12pm.
For an additional $30 this can be extended to 3pm subject to availability
There are 8 individual beds
Main bedroom - queen bed;room for child foldout or cot
Bedroom 2 - single bunk
Bedroom 3 - double bed
Bedroom 4 - 2 singles
Games room - queen bed and double sofa bed if required
Around one hour from Adelaide on the stunning Fleurieu Peninsula an island awaits, views to the Coorong, forest walks & native trails, Goolwa within minutes.
Island Lodge has a calm and welcoming feel about it. In winter, soak up the views through the expansive windows. See the mist rise from the Aussie bush at your back door. Relax and take in the views to the Coorong. Keep warm around a backyard fire, toast marshmallows.
In Summer, admire the stunning sunsets from the balcony. Enjoy the many nearby water activities available.
The Island Lodge is a double storey cedar home backing onto 10 acres of bush. Rustic on the exterior, the interior delights. There are 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms spread evenly between the floors. The upstairs has open plan living, air-con and combustion heater. Downstairs features an air conditioned games room with separate decking.
EXPLORE THE STUNNING FLEURIEU:
Karinga Park is well located to explore the stunning Fleurieu Region:
• Goolwa Beach is a wonderfully wide beach and 4WDs are allowed. Learn to surf. Try your hand at cockling, it’s loads of fun – ask us for tips, bag limits, size requirements and season dates.
• Explore the Goolwa Channel by kayak – can be hired at the Marina Office.
• Only a short drive from the Lodge is the Murray Mouth - turn left at the gate and follow the signs. You can see where the might Murray meets the ocean from Sugars Beach. It is a quiet, sheltered beach, great for children, and you don’t have to leave the island to get to it.
Take your fishing rods for a spot of beach fishing – the kids will love it.
• Nearby, is the Mundoo Channel settlement - buy the catch of the day from the locals seasonal.
• Launch your boat from Mundoo and enjoy the spectacular Coorong. No boat, no worries – phone Brenton at Canoe the Coorong for an amazing insight to our World Heritage area. Now the water levels have returned, the Coorong has never been better
• A Spirit of the Coorong Cruise comes highly recommended. Our guests receive 10 on Coorong Cruises discounted tickets excluded.
Enjoy the River 1km via our forest walk
Boat ramps within 2kms
Sample fab boutique beers at the Steam Exchange Brewery, Goolwa Wharf
Boat hire at the Marina
Kayak the Goolwa Channel phone the Marina
Historic Corio Hotel - book for Saturday dinner
Only minutes from the River Port of Goolwa; for those who love the finer things in life, the South Coast and Fleurieu Peninsula provide a relaxing opportunity to browse old-world antique and craft markets. Nearby, wine regions of Currency Creek and Langhorne Creek are a must for connoisseurs. We are at the gateway to the distinctive landscape of The Coorong, with an abundance of birdlife. Relax watching a variety of birds enjoying our gardens and forest. Feed the friendly magpies. Only a short drive away is the coastal resort town of Victor Harbor, home of Southern Right Whales and fairy penguins.
'We have found one of the gems of the Fleurieu Peninsula Your place was absolutely perfect. We look forward to a return visit.'
Butler family Adelaide, SA
'A home away from home. Thanks for providing such great amenities. We have allenjoyed our time here and would like to come back.'
Stephens family Glengowrie, SA
Join the ever growing group of guests that visit us again and again; some returning 3 or 4 times a year The Lodge is ideal for families, groups of friends, retreat groups, carers retreats, girlie getaways, blokes time out, students, and children all love it
Recharge at the Lodge and we bet you come back again
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Deposit of 25 to confirm your booking. Processing fee applies to credit card payments.
Balance is due 14-21 days prior to arrival.
• More than 30 days prior to arrival
Refund of the deposit less $55 admin fee
• 30 days or less but more than 21 days
Loss of Deposit amount
• 21 days or less
Loss of full value of booking
The exception are bookings for peak periods being SA long weekends and school holidays, Schoolies, Christmas and New Year weeks, and as advised by the operator, when the cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to arrival the cancellation fee is 100 of the deposit value. The deposit is non-refundable for these periods.
• Discounted rates are fixed even if number of guests or nights reduces. Additional guests and nights may be added to the booking at the same discounted rate. The deposit is non-refundable.