Heritage View studio apartment overlooks the heritage village of Port Noarlunga and receives the morning sun, displaying some spectacular sunrises. The view from the balcony takes in the distant hills of McLaren Vale and the village. McCloud House has been extensively renovated in character to bring it into the 21st century. Heritage View has a king size bed, its own ensuite with double shower and kitchenette with all facilities. Entrance to the appartment is on the first floor. The entrance hall is shared with the owners' front door and another studio appartment named A Room with a View at MCCloud House, Beach View. McCloud House was built as a Guest house in 1929 by the McCloud sisters. Across the road, a lovely sandy beach, jetty and shelter to cater for this beautiful part of the Fleurieu Peninsula. The original dinning room on the ground floor is now a restaurant.
For more images; please check out our website -
Port Noarlunga is proclaimed a Heritage Village and has maintained its character even though surrounding suburbs have grown. Since the 1920's it has been a popular holiday destination. The beach, surf, fishing, jetty and picturesque area makes it still a popular destination today, particularly with the McLaren Vale wineries so close by. The Onkaparinga River mouth flowing through the sand dunes offers walking, fishing swimming, photography and just enjoying life. Today in the village there are many cafes, restaurants and boutique shops. The old Institute building has been saved and is now a busy Arts Centre, while across the road is the Port Noarlunga Surf Life Saving Club.
The Fleurieu has many interesting areas to visit. A 15 minute drive takes you to McLaren Vale, where the Visitors Centre caters for all enquiries about wineries, cafes and restaurants in the area. Further south is Victor Harbour with its Granit Island nearby. Take a ride on a Shire horse drawn carriage to Granit Island or a train ride to Goolwa, or a visit to the whale watching centre. An hours drive to Cape Jervis where the boat leaves for Kangaroo Island.