The Salty Grape is a large, well equipped beach house. The silvery sands of Aldinga Beach are just a two minute walk away. McLaren Vale wineries and attractions are a short drive away. Excellent for a couple of families, or a group of friends to share.
The property has had a makeover August 2015 which we are sure you will enjoy.
Come and experience the relaxed, homely feel on offer to you and your guests.
PLEASE NOTE: Guests will need to bring their own bedding, including pillows, sheets and blankets. A mattress protector will be provided for each bed. Guests must also supply their own bath towels, tea towels and beach towels.
This family-sized house is built on two levels, with 5 bedrooms. There is spacious accommodation for up to 10 people.
2 separate living spaces - each with a kitchen, dining and entertainment area and a bathroom on each level.
The Salty Grape has comfortable furnishings, generous amounts of cookware, plates, glasses and & entertainment facilities.
Fancy a game of cricket on the back lawn? Perhaps a movie on the flat screen TV or a glass of wine on the balcony? Maybe just relax with friends, and enjoy a BBQ in the large garden under the big tree in the secure, child friendly backyard.
Sleeps 10 adults in comfort.
- Bedroom 1: queen bed.
- Bedroom 2: queen bed.
- Bedroom 3: two singles.
- Living room with TV, DVD, and stereo.
- Kitchen, fully equipped. Generous sized fridge.
- Dining table for 6.
- Bedroom 4: double bed.
- Bedroom 5: two singles.
- Bathroom/ laundry.
- Living room with TV, DVD & stereo.
- Kitchen, fully equipped, with dishwasher and fridge.
- Dining table for 10.
- Al fresco dining with gas BBQ & market umbrella.
- Outdoor games room with table tennis.
- Reverse cycle air conditioner on each level.
- Electric blankets in winter months
- Washing machine.
- Selection of CDs, DVDs and magazines. Toys & games for the children.
- Fully fenced back garden.
- Sandpit for the children
Local Attractions around Salty Grape...
Walk to the Beach - a pristine, magnificent seascape. It's just 200 metres from Salty Grape. This beautiful section of the swimming beach has easy access via a walking ramp from the esplanade, all just around the corner from your front door. There is a beautiful grassed picnic area adjacent the ramp. You can swim, surf or enjoy wonderful walks on the wide white sands. Or turn right to reach the famous Aldinga Reef, perhaps snorkel over it or let the children hunt for starfish in the rock pools. You can even drive your car on to the beach at Silver Sands.
Local restaurants are nearby too, a 3 minute stroll from Salty Grape.
If you can resist the lure of the beach, there are plenty of other things to do:
- Playground/park and BMX track in the adjacent street.John Nicholl Reserve
- Aldinga Scrub for walks and echidna spotting.
- Find all of your groceries and more at Aldinga Central Shopping Centre on Beach Road, 5 minutes by car
- Indulge in one of the many local restaurants - Star of Greece, The Old Vine, The Salopian Inn, Victory Hotel, Russell's Pizza or D'Arrys - that's just a taste of them
- Shop for clothing, handbags and shoes at Miss Gladys Sym Choon on Old Coach Road
- Go organic at Maxwell's Grocery on Old Coach Road or a tasty bite from Home Grain Bakery
- Casual meals at the Aldinga Hotel - they have a courtesy bus available.
- McLaren Vale for wineries & David Medlow chocolates.
- Willunga cafes, antique shops & Farmers Market.
- Working Dairy at Mt Jagged Alexandrina Cheese Company visitors welcome.
Relaxed atmosphere, beach style and thoughtful touches make The Salty Grape a fabulous beach escape for 2 families, or a group of friends, who want a fun, social and relaxing holiday in this charming coastal wine country.
Stay for a weekend, or stay for a week.
Pack your bags and book your own escape right now...