Set in the heart of the breathtaking Pichi Richi Pass with panoramic views of Devil's Peak, Pichi Richi Park is a great base for your Flinders Ranges adventure.
At Pichi Richi Park you can get 'back to basics' amid the natural beauty of the Flinders Ranges without going too far off the beaten track.
The Park is an easy 3.5 hour drive from Adelaide to the top of Spencer Gulf, then just 25 minutes via sealed road from Port Augusta.
Quorn, capital of the Flinders Ranges, with its many historic pubs, cafes and galleries is only 10 minutes away
By night sit by the campfire and watch the outback's famous stars. By day, relax on the verandah and spot wildlife, or even trains On selected dates from March-November, the heritage trains of the iconic Pichi Richi Railway chug past the front of the property.
Activity seekers love exploring the Park's 1,000 acres of natural bushland. Complete our ridgetop walk and be rewarded with spectacular views across the Ranges. The Heysen Trail meets our property here.
There are many more experiences to be enjoyed nearby, including: four wheel driving, camel treks, museums, galleries, the Pichi Richi Railway, aquatics, fishing, and bush walks including Warren Gorge, Devil's Peak, and Dutchman's Stern or Mt Brown Conservation Parks.
Families and small groups are welcome in our two private, self-contained cabins.
Book the North Cabin on this listing, and see our separate listing to book the North Cabin: http://www.stayz.com.au/185643.
Larger groups, parties and weddings can be catered for in our separate lodge accommodation, sleeping up to 59 people in 12 rooms. See our separate listing here: http://www.stayz.com.au/186694
Pichi Richi Park Cabins: Fully self-contained cabins for families and small groups
Our two spacious, self-contained cabins are secluded amongst bush and trees, and close to our property's abundant wildlife and walking trails.
Each cabin has its own campfire, BBQ and outdoor verandah area, and sleeps up to 6 people in one Queen bedroom, and a separate room with two bunk beds.
Due to our position in the midst of the Pichi Richi Pass, there is no mobile coverage or internet facilities at the Park. Coverage is available in Quorn, 10 minutes away.
Activities and Adventures at Pichi Richi Park
CAMPFIRE COOKING & BONFIRES
At Pichi Richi Park we have a large campfire with undercover camp kitchen. Each cabin has their own private Camp Fire subject to fire bans. We even share our favourite damper recipe
There is plenty to keep the young ones entertained, including hill climbing, creeks with tadpoles, orienteering, volleyball, animals, knot tying, build a campfire, shelter building and much more…
BUSH WALKING & HIKING
You have to do our Ridge Walk to sign the book Some of our local favourites;
Warrens Gorge loop walk
Devils Peak across the road
Jacobs Gully onsite
PICHI RICHI HERITAGE RAILWAY
The Pichi Richi Railway weaves through the Pichi Richi Pass right pass our front door on selected dates from March-November each year. Private hire is available for all types of special occasions. Workshop tours are also available in Quorn and don’t forget to visit the souvenir shop at the old Quorn Railway Station.
Timetable & Bookings visit the Quorn Railway Station, or contact the PIchi Richi Railway.
WITHIN A FEW KMS OF PICHI RICHI PARK...
- Explore stone culverts and walls built for the original Ghan Railway in the Pass by the Chinese/convicts on boundary
- Explore the diverse features over the property creeks/scrubland/ geology
- Explore ruins of Pichi Richi town site and cemetery 2km from Park centre
- Discover the section of the Heysen Trail that runs over the property
- Bike to Quorn on the Mawson Trail
GREAT FLINDERS RANGES EXPERIENCES NEARBY
- Take a walk up Devil’s Peak from the east get there by vehicle and return to a picnic lunch at the base amongst the gums or we get you access direct from the Park
- There are a number of gorges within ¾ hour of Pichi Richi Park Visit the Quorn Tourist Office for full information or ask us
- Ride the Pichi Richi Heritage Railway
- Historic walk around Quorn along with numerous coffee stopovers
- Quorn Native Flora Reserve known as Powell Gardens
- Warrens Gorge beautiful loop walk 3 & 5km trails & the Yellow Footed Rock Wallabies
- Moralana drive to Black Gap original entrance to Wilpena by horseback is the best drive around. It can be combined with a visit to Aboriginal sites a Yourumbulla or Arkaroo Rock just past Black Gap – before Wilpena.
- Kanyaka Ruins a floor plan available from Pichi Richi Office
- Walk Dutchmans Stern Conservation Park 20km from the Park – an excellent loop walk
- Horseshoe Range – great 4wd tracks
- Day trip to Hawker 67km; Panoramic Art Gallery onto Wilpena Pound Resort 52kms
- Port Augusta; Wadlata Outback Centre, Arid Lands Botanic Garden, Royal Flying Doctor Base, Aquatics & Outdoor Centre