This picturesque 2BR seaside holiday retreat on 3 acres has absolute beach frontage, panoramic views of the sea as well as a beautiful rural outlook.
You can be inspired by the ocean views as you relax to the sound of the surf and the calls of birds and wildlife. Enjoy amazing sunrises, sunsets and star-gazing too.
This self-contained 2 bedroom cottage has been recently renovated. As the cottage is built of cedar and local limestone it naturally retains its warmth in winter and coolness in summer. The cottage is attached to the owners residence but due to the unique design of the property it is separated by a thick limestone wall, providing total sound proofing as well as privacy for all, should the owners be in residence.
tuEMUZ is ideally suitable for the intrepid solo traveler, couple, or 2 couples who want to relax and unwind from the everyday, with a contemplation terrace where you can sit with a glass of wine, bask in the sun and enjoy nature at your doorstep or stroll leisurely to 'your own beach' just metres away
Enjoy the panoramic views of the seas, coastal environs and the Cape De Staing reef, as well as beautiful rural surroundings and outlook.
This is the quintessential “AUSSIE OUTBACK GIRT BY SEA”.
To the property’s left is over 200 acres of coastal land with only one neighbouring home at the other end of the beach.
tu EMUZ is architecturally designed and extremely eco-conscious and eco friendly – from superb KI rainwater plumbed throughout and has been beautifully enhanced .
The private accommodation is extremely well appointed and comfortable. Think “your own island home” with a level of style and presentation you would like to expect but fear that you may not find.
We have guests stay from as far away as France, the UK, Italy, Belgium, USA and from the East or West coast of Australia – we’ve even had some from as far away as South Australia I know which airport you would chose between Denpasar, Heathrow, LAX and Kingscote
Best of all it is your home for your stay – you don’t have other guests in a complex of rooms, suites or cabins.
This accommodation is a “1 off” and a “1 of” in every respect.
This holiday destination is about you.
The idyllic location is very private and very quiet
Relax and unwind from the everyday, with a contemplation terrace where you can sit in a wrap around coastal green garden arbour with a glass of wine, kick back on the outdoor recliner chairs and bask in the sun, enjoy nature so close at hand and or enjoy your meals under the huge market umbrella, followed by a spot of star gazing.
You can walk down to “your own beach” about 20 metres away from our front fence – via the penguin rookery.
There is a great bench seat overlooking the bay, perfect for pre dinner drinks, and to watch evening sunsets or the shags on the point.
We’ve set out to create a restful place to recharge your soul.
We can suggest walks, nearby health treatments and wildlife spotting opportunities.
We are happy to help plan half or full day trips to see all that the Island has to offer.
tu Emuz has been described as a “sanctuary within a sanctuary”.
tu EMUZ is a great place to celebrate wedding anniversaries privately – to celebrate life – and to reboot for the months and the challenges ahead.
During your stay you won’t see the “South African Big 5” – but keep an eye out for the tu EMUZ 14 - Dolphins, Penguins, Seals, Whiting, Sea Eagle, Blue Wrens, Hooded Plovers, Pelicans. Oyster Eaters, Echidnas, Koalas, Kangaroos, Wallabies, Goannas and “Millie” – and that’s just at tu EMUZ
Finally, your car/hire car will be fine – although a four wheel drive is handy for off road driving it is not essential. The roads are sealed bitumen from Penneshaw ferry point or Kingscote Airport to Emu Bay.
Its just our unsealed driveway and approx 300 metres of Bayview Road / Rookery Road which is not sealed.
This self-contained 2 bedroom cottage was beautifully renovated recently. As the cottage is built of cedar and local limestone it naturally retains its warmth in winter and coollness in summer.
tuEMUZ is ideal for the intrepid solo traveller, couple, or 2 couples who want to relax and unwind from the everyday, with a contemplation terrace where you can sit with a glass of wine, bask in the sun and enjoy nature at your doorstep or stroll leisurely to 'your own beach' just metres away
• Self-contained 2 bedroom beachfront villa
• 1 Bedroom with King Size Bed
• 1 Bedroom with Queen Size Bed
• Top of the range Sealy Posturpedic Beds
• Luxury 100 Pure Cotton Sheets & Duva Covers
• Bath Sheets and Hairdryer
• Master bedroom ensuite bathroom has rainwater shower head
• Jag kitchen with Mielé oven, microwave, hot plates
• Quality cutlery, glassware and crockery.
• 2nd Bathoom/Laundry also offers rainforest shower heads and mixer taps
• Laundry with Washing Machine, Dryer and Trough
• Indoor and Outdoor Settings
• Outdoor Furniture - Table, Deck Chairs, Large Cream Market Umbrella • Weber Q
• Entire Property is run on Rainwater
• Idyllic Private Quiet Location
• Beach is 80 Meters from the House
• No Strong Rips or Current
• Sea - Clear Turquoise Water
• Safe Swimming
• Take the kayak for a quiet paddle
• Incredible Sunsets
• Wonderful Fishing - including the sought after King George Whiting
• 15 Minutes from Kingscote & 45 mins from Penneshaw
• Abundant Birdlife
• Wildlife Visitors - Echidnas, Penguins, Wallabies, Goannas, Dolphins, Sea Eagles, Pelicans and sometimes the odd Koala
Emu Bay is centrally located to enjoy the many highlights of KI; There is much to see and do. Other attractions outside of Emu Bay include:
1. Walking with the seals at Seal Bay
2. The amazing Remarkable Rocks
3. Admirals Arch, Kelly Hill Caves and the Flinders Chase National Park.
4. The Raptor Domain or swim with the dolphins
5. Sample the local cider, spirits and wines
6. Try the local cuisine; lamb, crayfish, king George whiting, marron.
7. Visit the eucalyptus distillery, honey farm, the Emu Bay Lavender Farm and Café and the Emu Bay Coffee stall.
8. Visit the many local galleries, wineries and displays
9. Enjoy the beaches such as tranquil Emu Bay, Stokes Bay, Seal Bay and the wild Vivonne Bay.
10. Bushwalks; Day walks or the 5 day KI Wilderness Trail