As seen on Channel 7's SA Life TV show, Villa Mont is more than a bedroom. You are welcome to the whole two storey section of our home, as well as the courtyard and 5 acres of gardens.
It is perfect as a private retreat for a couple or individual.
We are located on the edge of the city five minute drive, 4 kms to the city centre, 7kms to the airport. There are five acres of gardens for you to enjoy, as well as a large courtyard. Fez, our kelpie X lives on site and likes to catch balls. We have free Wifi, Netflix, TV, books, DVDs too.
You are welcomed with a glass of wine, beer or softdrink.
Villa Mont provides you with quality furnishings, eclectic art, decor, courtyard and five acres of gardens. The house is architecturally designed and built from local limestone. Villa Mont is based on a traditional bed and breakfast or pansiyon accommodation found in Europe and Asia, where the hosts live on site.
All types of couples are welcomed to enjoy Villa Mont. Villa Mont is perfect for a stay in Mount Gambier and the Limestone Coast or your stop on your Great Ocean Road journey.
We are close to many interesting experiences:
- There is the iconic Blue Lake that turns a most magnificent blue for November through to March each year.
- Then there are the dormant volcanoes, the parks, gardens and walks.
- There are wineries in Mount Gambier and just 20 minutes drive we are at the Coonawarra, one of Australia’s famous wine regions with their Terra Rossa soil.
- There’s also Penola, home of St Mary Mackillop.
- The access to seafood down the road at Port MacDonnell - Australia's Southern Rock Lobster Capital.
- The Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre , Generations of Jazz and now the new James Morrison Academy of Music .
- We also have a farmers’ market set in the beautiful cave gardens every Saturday and a film society Reels at Wehl. There’s local shops and providores with friendly faces too.
NB: GPS does not seem to locate our property, it will send you miles away. We will give you specific driving instructions when you book.
NB: Please note public holidays are a two night minimum booking.