Anne and Ian welcome you to Villa Mont. The two-storey section of our home has been set up as a private retreat for a couple or individual to relax and enjoy. We call this 'Villa Mont', as in Villa Mount Gambier. You are assured of privacy, with the accommodation separate from the house via a passageway.
We are located on the edge of the city (five minute drive, 4 kms to the city centre, 7kms to the airport). There are five acres of gardens for you to enjoy, as well as a large courtyard. Fez, our kelpie X lives on site and likes to catch balls. We have free Wifi, Netflix, TV, books, DVDs too.
You are welcomed with a glass of wine, beer or softdrink.
Villa Mont is perfect for a short or longer stay in Mount Gambier and the Limestone Coast or your stop on your Great Ocean Road journey.
We are close to many interesting experiences
- There is the iconic Blue Lake that turns a most magnificent blue for November through to March each year.
- Then there are the dormant volcanoes, the parks, gardens and walks.
- There are wineries in Mount Gambier and just 20 minutes drive we are at the Coonawarra, one of Australia’s famous wine regions with their Terra Rossa soil.
- There’s also Penola, home of St Mary Mackillop.
- The access to seafood down the road at Port MacDonnell - Australia's Southern Rock Lobster Capital.
- The Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre , Generations of Jazz and now the new James Morrison Academy of Music .
- We also have a farmers’ market set in the beautiful cave gardens every Saturday and a film society Reels at Wehl. There’s local shops and providores with friendly faces too.
NB: GPS does not seem to locate our property, it will send you miles away. We will give you specific driving instructions when you book.
NB: Please note public holidays are a two night minimum booking.