Welcome to one of the most beautiful and secluded destinations in Australia, perfect for couples and families alike.
Binalong Bay is a small coastal town, 15 minutes drive from St Helens and 2.5 hours drive from Launceston. Condé Nast Traveller named it the second most beautiful beach in the world and it was declared the world's hottest travel destination, by Lonely Planet in 2009. It has the whitest, fine hourglass sand and bluest azure water in the world, along with the magnificent granite boulders, dusted with bright orange lichen.
Our original 1950s, "board and batten" timber cabin, is located in the spectacular east cost of Tasmania. Perched directly opposite the magical Binalong Bay beach, the home is furnished with an eclectic blend of period pieces, many of which have been handmade by local craftsman.
- The home comfortably sleeps up to 4 people (but can accommodate 5, if required). It has a master bedroom with built-in wardrobe (upstairs) and sleep-out downstairs with a double and single bed (incl. wardrobe and dressing table) but no internal access and no downstairs bathroom
- There is also a day-bed in the lounge room, which is very comfortable as an extra bed.
NB: Guests in the downstairs room will need to use the external stairs to access the rest of the house.
NOTE: Minimum 5 day booking over Christmas, New Year and Easter periods.
- Cabin kitchen, well equipped for your gourmet Tasmanian feasts (incl. oven, microwave and fridge).
- Stunning ocean views from the living room, which also has a traditional fireplace, perfect for cosy winter evenings.
- The combined bathroom/laundry contains a basin, shower, flushing toilet and washing machine.
- Large deck/balcony suitable for outdoor dining (complete with BBQ facilities) or just relaxing as the sun sets over the water.
Please contact us with any questions you have. We look forward to helping you book an incredibly relaxing vacation.
Beautiful, quiet neighborhood, close to lots of local attractions and activities:
Highly recommend hiring a car in Launceston or Hobart to drive to the house.
On Binalong Bay beach or just behind the beach at Grants Lagoon, you can enjoy a range of activities, like windsurfing, canoeing, fishing, photography, walking and swimming.
Recreational companies based in Binalong Bay and St Helens provide activities like canoeing, diving, four wheel driving, bicycling, bush walking
Within 5min walk:
- Binalong Bay Cafe
- Beaches (directly opposite the house)
- Public tennis Court
Within 15min Drive
- St Helens, coastal fishing village with restaurants & shops
- National Parks and walking trails
- Tourist information with local guides and services
Within 30min drive:
- Blue Tier Rainforest & highlands
- Freycinet national park
- Bay of Fires Wineries
The house will be yours for the duration of your stay. It has a well fitted kitchen, with oven, stovetop and basic utensils.
Off the kitchen, is a large bathroom/laundry, with a hot shower waiting for you after your swim at the beach.