Welcome to our Sandcastle, your home away from home.
Just five minutes north of the historic town of Swansea on the East Coast of Tasmania. Uninterrupted views across Great Oyster Bay of both Swansea and Freycinet National Park including The Hazards and Schouten Island. A fantastic base to explore this part of Tasmania.
Amazing outlook from a private, comfortable, fully self-contained beach front holiday house. The 3.5 acre property enjoys 55 meters of beach frontage, with only a narrow reserve between the house and the beach. Easy access along the path to what feels like your own private beach. The remainder of the property is set in bush and well away from others.
A holiday destination to relax, unwind and treat yourself to some quiet time. Stroll along the beach, collect some shells, enjoy the views from the veranda and deck, then fall asleep in the evening with the sound of waves lapping the shore.
The large open plan kitchen/dining/living area is on the first floor with access via an internal staircase or external ramp. You need to be upstairs to appreciate the view.
Sleeps maximum of 6 people.
Master bedroom - Queen size bed
Second bedroom - 2 Single beds
Extra sleeping - bunk bed
All linen, pillows, doonas, blankets supplied.
Large bathroom with separate toilet upstairs and an additional shower and toilet downstairs.
Bath towels, hairdryer provided. Beach towels are not provided.
Laundry with washing machine, iron and ironing board available.
TV, DVD Player, CD Player.
Fully equipped kitchen - fridge/freezer, cooktop/oven, microwave, dishwasher, dishes, glassware, cutlery, cookware. BBQ downstairs.
Heating consists of a wood fire with a good stockpile of wood or small panel heater near the bedrooms.
Swansea is located 5 minutes by car or 30 minutes walk along the beach. Bank/ATM, Petrol stations, Post Office, Newsagency, Chemist, Hardware store, 2 small supermarkets, Cafes, Restaurants, Hotel, Bottleshop and Bakery.
Boat ramps located in Swansea, Swan River and Dolphin Sands.
Freycinet National Park is only 56 kms away by road. This area includes Friendly Beaches, Coles Bay, Cape Tourville Lighthouse, walks and cruises to the famous Wineglass Bay.
141 kms to Hobart (116 minutes) and 128 kms to Hobart Airport (105 minutes)
135 kms to Launceston (101 minutes) and 121 kms to Launceston Airport (89 minutes)
215 kms to Devonport Ferry Terminal (2.5 hours)
General Terms & Conditions
* This is a home, treat it as your own, respect your neighbours, leave it as you find it.
* To confirm bookings we require 20% deposit and the balance to be paid 14 days prior to arrival.
* Bookings are deemed as "confirmed" when deposit has been received. All cancellations incur the loss of deposit paid.
* Failure to pay outstanding balance prior to 14 days will deem the booking cancelled.
* In exceptional circumstances refund can be made, less deposit paid.
* The number of guests occupying the property for the duration of the appointed dates must not exceed the number specified at the time of booking. Should there be any changes to the number of guests we must be notified.
* No smoking inside the home please.
* Strictly no pets allowed.
* Unless arranged in advance, check in time is 2pm and check out time is 10am. Requests for varying times will be accommodated where possible.
* We do not accommodate groups of unaccompanied minors or school leavers.