Built in 1909 as a wedding present, ’Terenure’, sits on the banks of the Meredith River, set among beautiful English gardens. The house has recently been extensively renovated, while retaining much of its historic splendour. The perfect base from which to explore the the delights of the East Coast of Tasmania.
Memories are made of this
Federation style residence on the banks of the Meredith River is set among English gardens with an orchard growing over 40 fruit trees.
The home blends the traditional ambience of classic period mantles and cornices, polished Tasmanian oak floors and a functioning open fire place in the beautiful lounge room, with French doors opening to the garden.
The historic Swansea township sits mid point between Launceston and Hobart and is a short drive to the Freycinet Peninsula, Douglas Apsley or Maria island National Parks along the ’Great Eastern Drive’ Tasman Highway or further north to the Bay of Fires.
- Four luxurious bedrooms enjoying high ceilings and comfortable furnishings
- Fullsize windows overlooking majestic gardens and fields
- Fully equipped large country kitchen induction cooker, oven, kettle and toaster
- Seaside balcony with table and seats, ocean views
- Washing machine and dish washer are all provided
- Private car parking area with room for two cars
- Two stylish living areas with comfortable sofa, TV, DVD and PS3
- Two bathrooms, including a Spa
- Private swimming hole nestled among the gum trees
- Enjoy spotting the many exotic and native birds that visit the property
- A five minute walk to the historic Swansea township, where you might enjoy fish and chips on the beach while the sun goes down.
Interaction with guests
If you need any help, just give us a call. We are more than happy to help you with your travel plan and other issues regard to your stay in Swansea.
Other things to note
Please respect the house as if it were your own.