Superbly positioned in the beautiful township of Waratah is this cute, comfortable unit. A great place to make your base while you explore the picturesque North of Tasmania.
Only a 45 minute drive from Cradle Mountain and a 45 minute drive from the heart of Burnie. Explore the beauty that Tasmania has to offer.
Platypus Nook can accommodate up to 4 guests in each unit – Queen bed in the main bedroom plus Double sofa bed in the lounge area.
Furnished with all the creature comforts so you can enjoy your holiday without missing out on the luxuries of home.
Platypus Nook is our home away from home – this is our favourite holiday destination and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do
Have a seat in the backyard and watch the “turbo chickens” named by the locals go about their daily activities in the scrub behind the cottages.
Also keep an eye out for the resident platypus that make the lake their home all year round.
Do you take your dog on holidays with you? They are very welcome to stay at Platypus Nook outdoors. Just let us know at the time of booking. A kennel is supplied but you will need to provide your own dog bedding. Both units are fully fenced.
Other features of Platypus Nook include:
- Queen bed in the main bedroom with electric blanket for those cooler nights
- Double Sofa Bed in the lounge area
- All linen provided to sleep up to 4 guests in each unit
- Off street parking under the carport at the front of the property
- Split System for both heating and cooling. Comfort all year round.
- Bathroom with shower over the bath
- A full sized washing machine and dryer – washing powder provided
- Fully equipped kitchen including Kettle, Toaster, Microwave, Slow Cooker, Toasted Sandwich maker, Fridge, Stove/Oven, Plates, Bowls, Cups, Glasses, Cutlery, etc.
- Tea, Coffee, Sugar & Milk provided for all guests plus other basic cooking necessities.
- FREE BREAKFAST PACK included with all bookings of 2 nights or more. Other food supplies can be purchased locally at The Roadhouse or in Burnie from larger supermarkets
- TV in the lounge area offering standard free-to-air channels
- FREE WIFI for all guests
- External clothesline plus an internal clothes airer
- Iron and Ironing board
- Bodywash, Shampoo, Conditioner plus a hair dryer is also available for your convenience
- Option of also booking both units to accommodate larger groups.
There is no supermarket in Waratah. The Roadhouse 550m walk is open from 7.30am – 7pm and stocks some grocery items. They also sell take-away food & petrol. We suggest you purchase your groceries before you arrive in Waratah. In Burnie you will find major supermarkets and convenience stores.
The Bischoff Hotel 1.2km away does provide great dinners and The Mushroom Café just a few metres away from the Bischoff Hotel has fantastic coffee and lunches.