'The Ridge' is a stylish self contained one bedroom apartment located in Brown Brothers Tamar Ridge vineyard 20 mins drive from Launceston on the Tamar Wine Route. With spectacular views across one of Tassie's best wine regions, it's a great base for couples wanting to explore the area or to relax and chill out in a private space amongst the vineyard and trees. Ideal for couples on short and longer term visits.
Located only 17 kms from Launceston 20 minutes drive from Launceston's CBD, 40 mins from the airport and 50 mins from the Devonport Ferry, the apartment is part of a duplex positioned above the trees with stunning views across the Tamar Valley, vineyards and the ever changing Tasmanian landscape. Floor to ceiling windows create a sense of living in the treetops. Situated on the far eastern ridge of the winery, the apartment No. 1 is fully self contained and the features include:
- Separate spacious bedroom with queen sized bed that can be closed with a Japanese style screen or open plan so that you awaken to the spectacular views across the valley.
- Lounge/chill out area with a new comfortable sofa and arm chair, large flat screen TV and reverse cycle heating/cooling. The apartment has recently had new carpets.
- Large bathroom with a spa bath with private views out across the hills, large walk in shower, shampoo, conditioner, soap and hairdryer.
- Kitchen and dining area which includes 4 full-size hot plates, convection oven, microwave and standard size fridge with large freezer as well as plenty of bench space. For those wishing to cook the kitchen is stocked with cooking essentials including olive oil, vinegar, some essential herbs, coffee, a range of Twinings teas, as well as toaster, espresso coffee machine and plenty of pots and pans.
- Electric BBQ on the deck with tables and chairs so you can sit back and relax with a glass of Tamar Ridge Pinot Noir
- Washing machine, clothes horse, iron and ironing board for your convenience
- Located about 200 metres from the Tamar Ridge Cellar Door where there is a good selection of the Brown Brothers Tasmanian wine as well as food platters. In summer they occasionally have music in the Cellar Door gardens.
- Located about 200 metres from the Tamar Ridge Cellar Door which has a good selection of Brown Brothers Tasmanian wines as well as food platters.
'The Ridge' has a great energy and offers a lovely experience. Ideal for both short and long term stays, it's a great base to explore the Tamar Valley or relax after a hard day exploring the wineries..
If you want to cook in the kitchen or on the outside BBQ you can stock up on local produce from the delis Alps & Amici Foodstore & Kitchen, East Launceston and Trevallyn Deli or hit the Launceston Farmers’ Market open Saturday mornings until 12.30pm which has a fabulous range. Alternatively, there are shops located a five minute drive at Legana Woolworths or Exeter IGA.
A great location - best of both worlds - close to town but in a winery and rural setting.
- Located in the magical Tamar Valley with beautiful old buildings located along the river bank and heaps of wineries
- 2 minutes drive down to the waterfront Rosevears Tavern for drinks, dinner and music .
- Less than half an hour to Beaconsfield, Beauty Point and Greens Beach
- Less than one hour drive to Devonport via the Exeter route and very pretty
- 45 minute drive to Bakers Beach & national park - great for long walks on the beach ...
- Approximately a one hour drive to the Great Western Tiers and to Cradle Mountain Liffey Falls, the Blue Tier, Walls of Jerusalem
- Two hours down to Swansea on the East Coast for day trips
- Two hours to Hobart if your heading to Mona, Battery Point and Salamanca Markets ....
The Ridge is a great base to explore the local area or to relax and chill out.