Tamar Ridge Vineyard Retreat - 'the ridge at Rosevears' - is a stylish, light and spacious executive one bedroom apartment nestled on the far eastern corner of Brown Brother's Tamar Ridge winery. Located 20 minutes from Launceston along the Tamar Wine Route, 'the ridge' is positioned high amongst the trees with spectacular views across one of Tasmania's best wine regions and the ever changing Tasmanian landscape. Floor to ceiling windows create a sense of living in the treetops and a truly tranquil ambiance.
'The ridge' is a great base for foodies wanting to explore the region, couples wanting a romantic escape or executives needing a place to chill out, regroup and reconnect with nature in a quiet secluded space well above the trees. Wine, food, peace, tranquility ...
Features of 'the ridge' include:
- Separate spacious bedroom with queen sized bed that can be closed with a Japanese style screen or open plan so that you awaken to the views across the valley.
- Large bathroom with a spa bath with private views out across the hills, large walk in shower, toilet and hairdryer. Grab a bottle of Brown Brother's Tasmanian award winning Pirie Sparkling Top 100 wines 2016, James Halliday from the cellar door and have a romantic interlude...
- Lounge/chill out area with a dining table for four, comfortable sofa and tub chair, large flat screen TV and reverse cycle heating/cooling.The apartment has new floor coverings.
- New designer kitchen which includes full-size hot plates 4 and oven, microwave and standard size fridge with large freezer as well as plenty of bench space. For those wishing to cook, the kitchen is stocked with the essentials ie olive oil, vinegars, tea and coffee.etc
- Electric BBQ on the deck with tables and chairs so you can sit back and relax with a glass of Tamar Ridge Pinot Noir and watch the wild life
- Located about 200 metres from the Tamar Ridge Cellar Door which has a good selection of Brown Brothers Tasmanian wines as well as food platters. In summer they host the occasional music event in the gardens.
If you want to cook in the kitchen or on the outside BBQ you can stock up on local organic produce from the delis Alps & Amici Foodstore & Kitchen, East Launceston and Trevallyn Deli or hit the Launceston Farmers’ Market open Saturday mornings until 12.30pm which has a fabulous range. Alternatively, there are shops located a five minute drive at Legana large Woolworths or Exeter IGA.
A great location - best of both worlds - close to town but in a winery and bush setting with everything on your doorstep...
- Located in the magical Tamar Valley with beautiful old buildings located along the river bank and heaps of wineries
- 2 minutes drive down to the waterfront Rosevears Tavern for drinks, dinner and music .
- Less than half an hour to Beaconsfield, Beauty Point and Greens Beach
- Less than one hour drive to Devonport via the Exeter route and very pretty
- 45 minute drive to Bakers Beach & national park - great for long walks on the beach ...
- Approximately a one hour drive to the Great Western Tiers and to Cradle Mountain Liffey Falls, the Blue Tier, Walls of Jerusalem
- Two hours down to Swansea on the East Coast for day trips
- Two hours to Hobart if your heading to Mona, Battery Point and Salamanca Markets ....
- Tamar Ridge Cellar Door - Pirie Sparkling Chardonny NV Top 100 Wines, 2016, James Halliday,
- Joseph Chromy vineyard and restaurant on the other sideo of town if your out for an excursion
- Velo Winery Timber Kitchen 10 minutes down the road in Legana chef is ex Joeseph Chromy
- Geronimo's, Pierre's Bistro,
- Farmers Market for great local fish, vegies bread and olive oil, Saturdays
- Fish & Chips from Seaport, burgers from Burger got Soul
- throwing food on the BBQ late evening and having a sparkling,
- coffee from Rossili's.... Coffee at Stillwater,
- Chilling out at the ridge ....
'the ridge' is truly a great place to to retreat, rejuvenate and reconnect or base to explore and has been described as "an absolute gem.. with a beautiful energy". You wont want to leave