This spectacular and beautiful location offers expansive cliff top views of the River Derwent and Storm Bay while still being an easy 20 minute drive into Hobart. The apartment is adjacent to the Alum Cliffs nature reserve in the leafy suburb of Taroona, which is the next suburb south of Sandy Bay – well known for the Wrest Point casino and the University of Tasmania.
The view, along with the natural and quiet location provide a relaxing place for a holiday while also being a great base from which to explore and enjoy Hobart's restaurants, heritage and arts. The local area itself also has so many things to offer: Hinsby Beach is a ten minute walk away and there are numerous other walks throughout the area such as to the Shot Tower, Kingston Beach, or Taroona beach. The local pub offers a la carte menu and wood fired pizzas and the local cafe/bakery, “The Picnic Basket” are both only a couple of minutes drive away.
The unit is fully set up for self catering and set on two levels.
• The lounge is fitted with dining setting and lounge, Digital TV , DVD player and Stereo Radio CD / MP3 Player and heater.
• Free Internet connection is available via Wi-Fi
• The kitchen is equipped with stove, microwave, toaster, kettle, refrigerator/ freezer, all utensils, crockery and cutlery and basic supplies of tea and coffee.
• The bathroom has a large spa, double shower, and washing machine.
• Upstairs there is a double bedroom with bedside tables, bed lamps, clock-radio, electric blanket and heating and a separate toilet with hand basin.
• A large deck, which is shared with your hosts provides more opportunity to enjoy this unique location.
• We are also on the bus route to the city, the University of Tasmania and south to Kingston; with the bus stop being a 3 minute walk away.
Your hosts live next door, the apartment is attached to their house and are happy to assist in any way to ensure you have a relaxing and enjoyable holiday at Alum CliffsWaterfront Apartment.
These are recent comments from some of our guests;
21/12/15 Cathy & John Baffle Ck QLD
“Very quiet and peaceful. Awesome view. Lovely hosts
Very comfortable apartment. Thanks Peter & Helen for
5/1/2016 Sharon & David, Brisbane
Lovely quiet and restful place to stay for our last few days
Of our visit to Tassie. Great location & views”.
6/2/2016 Anne & Peter; Brisbane
We’ve had a very enjoyable month here, particularly away from the intense heat
& humidity of Queensland This is a wonderful location for visiting all the sights and
splendour of southern Tasmania, to make frequent trips to enjoy the lovely city of
Hobart and simply to enjoy the spectacular view? Thanks, peter & Helen for your
kindness and courtesy in making our stay so comfortable. We’ve had a great time.