#1 Main Bedroom Upstairs
#2 Retreat to The Loft
Bedroom Townhouse 2
Townhouse 2 bathroom
Cooks Kitchen #2
55 Davey View from St Davids Park
St Davids Park Rotunda
Salamanca Market 50m away
Salamanca Place 100m away
The Steve Irwin
Sprint to the Line
First Over The Line
...For your security, this property (fiftyfivedavey) is only managed in Australia by Australians, and we never request payments be made to overseas bank accounts...
For groups of up to 6 guests, see our other nearby property also on Stayz (cut n paste this address into your browser's address bar) http://www.stayz.com.au/179085
Two separate self-contained Georgian 3 Bedroom Townhouses have been beautifully renovated to reflect the needs of the modern visitor whilst maintaining the historical integrity of the building, originally constructed in 1856. Each Townhouse can accommodate up to 7 guests, please read the section on "Bedding Configuration" below.
This is a beautiful property with unique character, from it's Georgian red brick facade and internal period features still intact, offset by designer interior fixtures and fittings.
55 Davey is in the heart of the Salamanca district, 200 metres to the famous Salamanca Market and waterfront precinct, while a 2 minute walk will find you in Hobart's Central Business District. Enjoy a picnic in your very own front yard, St David's Park (55 Davey is equipped with a picnic basket and rug), or enjoy fish and chips on Constitution Dock, finish of the famous Sydney to Hobart Yacht race.
Offstreet car parking is available for $15 per night if required, with unlimited entry and exit and an allocated bay. Please enquire if you require carparking during your stay, it is not on our property, so we need to book the parking space with the property owner.
ATAP approved provider - The Australian Tourism Accreditation Program accreditation provides you with an assurance that we are committed to professionalism in business operations and delivery of service.
- Townhouse #1 occupies the old servant's quarters and ground floor.
- Townhouse #2 occupies the first and second storeys.
- Living rooms offer beautiful garden views over St David's Park.
- Fully heated throughout
- Polished floorboards
- Light filled lounge features leather lounge suites, flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Industrial style kitchen with stainless steel / concrete benchtops, modern appliances, full fridge, dishwasher, oven and cooks top. Coffee pod machine for a quick fix!
- Three individually decorated bedrooms in each Townhouse.
Townhouse 1 - Queen Size beds in first and second bedrooms and 2 single beds in the third. There is an extra fold-out bed available for $60 set up cost.
Townhouse 2 - Queen Size beds in first and second bedrooms and 3 single beds in the third. There is no extra bedding available.
- Breathtaking bathroom in Townhouse 1! A huge expanse invites one to relax in the deep claw and ball bath, or indulge in the double shower. Twin basins and a painstakingly restored stone floor finish off this surprise package.
- A hidden cupboard houses the washing machine, dryer and trough as well as plenty of storage options for luggage.
- In the heart of the culture, spirit and history that is Hobart.
- Salamanca Place and it's famous Market is 1 minute walk away.
- St David's Park is across the road with it's glorious gardens and significant colonial history.
- Gourmet eateries are 5 minutes walk as is the Hobart waterfront where yachts, Antarctic research ships, fishing fleet and kayakers all mingle together.
- Catch the MONA ferry from Brooke St Wharf, view the world at your feet from Mt Wellington, visit Richmond, Port Arthur, Salmon farms, Cherry orchards, Cadbury, Wineries and Restaurants, Highland Lakes and wilderness treasures of Tasmania.
Terms and Conditions
Standard Terms and Conditions - fiftyfivedavey com au
Payment of deposit or full tariff constitutes guest's acceptance of these terms & conditions. Variances to these terms and conditions may be agreed on by arrangement with the owner in writing. A non-refundable deposit of the first night's accommodation confirms your booking. This deposit will not be refunded if the booking is cancelled.
Payments are accepted by direct debit into the FIFTY FIVE DAVEY bank account (BSB 067 002, Account no , Reference Your Surname and Month of Your Arrival) or by credit card (Visa or Mastercard). Direct debit will not incur any transaction fee, but credit card payments incur a 2.3% transaction fee. For international money transfer, values are in $AU. Guests should contact us for instructions on this type of transaction.
Remaining Balance of full tariff is to be paid at least 1 month prior to your arrival date. Failure to remit the full tariff by this time may result in cancellation of your booking, unless alternative payment arrangements have been made by agreement with management - please contact us at to discuss.
Bookings made within 1 month of arrival date must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
A credit card authority for Security Deposit is required at the time of booking for up to $500 to cover costs of damage or breakages occurring during your stay. No deductions will be made unless we need to make a claim against your security deposit. If required, this will be done within 7 working days after your departure. Charges will be applied for keys not returned, excess cleaning, rubbish removal, maintenance deemed in excess of normal wear and tear, loss or damage to property, fixtures, fittings, utensils, appliances, furniture, flooring, linen, unauthorised late checkout.
Bookings are minimum of 2 nights unless by arrangement. Up to 4 guests are included. Extra adult and child (16 and under) fees, extra bedding, carparking, early arrival and late checkout fees appear near published nightly rates. Description of the property is given in good faith and no responsibility for misinterpretation will be accepted. Refunds will not be given if you are unsatisfied with the accommodation.
Bed Linen, towels and full kitchen facilities are supplied. Cots and high chairs are available by prior arrangement, but cot linen is not provided.
Permitted Use of the property is for quiet enjoyment, parties & functions are strictly prohibited. The property is not equipped for large groups or functions. Disturbance to our neighbours (including excessive noise) is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of bond. No smoking inside, no pets allowed.
Any breach of the above conditions permits the owner to refuse the key, or immediately terminate the occupancy with forfeiture of your tariff.
The owners take no responsibility for tenant’s personal property during their stay. Damage, breakages, theft and loss are tenants’ responsibility. Tenants must make sure that the front gate and front door remain closed and locked when not in use.
Cancellations made more than 21 days prior to arrival date will be refunded, less the non-refundable deposit of the first night's tariff. Cancellations made less than 21 days prior to the arrival date are non-refundable. Cancellations on bookings made during Christmas, Easter, or public holidays will be resolved by management discretion.
Washing machine, Parking, Dishwasher
- Free WiFi
- Non-Smoking, Eco-Friendly
- Entertainment and Family
- DVD player, Stereo, Parking, Cot
- Kitchen and Dining
- Kitchen, Child's high chair, Microwave, Dishwasher
- Linen and Cleaning
- Linens provided, Clothes dryer, Iron and board, Washing machine, Towels provided
- Heating and Cooling
- Wifi (free in house), Hand & body wash, Portacot (please bring own linen), Basic pantry supplies, Picnic basket and rug, Bath (Townhouse 1), Reserved Parking available at cost, Stairguard, Ironing facilities, Hairdryer