...For your online security, this property is only managed in Australia by Australians, and we never request payments be made to overseas bank accounts...
This is a new listing for an existing property which we have been running for 7 years and hosted hundreds of great guests.
Many have returned multiple times with their friends and families. Some of our guest reviews from an old listing are pasted in at the bottom of this description.
This is a beautiful property with unique character, from it's Georgian red brick facade and internal period features still intact, offset by designer interior fixtures and fittings.
It is a self-contained Georgian 3 Bedroom Townhouse, and has been beautifully renovated to reflect the needs of the modern visitor whilst maintaining the historical integrity of the building, originally constructed we believe around 1856.
The Townhouse can accommodate up to 7 guests, please read the section on "Bedding Configuration" below.
The Townhouse occupies the first and second floors of the building.
55 Davey is in the heart of the Salamanca district, 200 metres to the famous Salamanca Market and waterfront precinct, while a 2 minute walk will find you in Hobart's Central Business District. Enjoy a picnic in your very own front yard, St David's Park 55 Davey is equipped with a picnic basket and rug, or enjoy fish and chips on Constitution Dock, finish of the famous Sydney to Hobart Yacht race.
Offstreet car parking is available if required behind a neighbouring property, with unlimited entry and exit and an allocated bay. Please enquire if you require carparking during your stay. We will be happy to book the parking space with the property manager.
- Living rooms offer beautiful garden views over St David's Park.
- Fully heated throughout
- Polished floorboards
- Light filled lounge features leather lounge suites, flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Industrial style kitchen with concrete benchtops, modern appliances, full fridge, dishwasher, oven and cooks top. Coffee pod machine for a quick fix
- Three individually decorated bedrooms.
- In the heart of the culture, spirit and history that is Hobart.
- Salamanca Place and it's famous Market is 1 minute walk away.
- St David's Park is across the road with it's glorious gardens and significant colonial history.
Queen Size beds in first and second bedrooms and 3 single beds in the third.
There is no extra bedding available.
Gourmet eateries are 5 minutes walk as is the Hobart waterfront where yachts, Antarctic research ships, fishing fleet and kayakers all mingle together.
Catch the MONA ferry from Brooke St Wharf, view the world at your feet from Mt Wellington, visit Richmond, Port Arthur, Salmon farms, Cherry orchards, Cadbury, Wineries and Restaurants, Highland Lakes and wilderness treasures of Tasmania.