Set in the peaceful Huon Valley minutes from Cygnet & overlooking the Huon Estuary, Wattle Grove Homestead is the perfect escape from the hustle & bustle. From snow-capped mountain views to autumn colours & green pasture the scene is constantly changing.
Wattle Grove is a large, luxury, three bedroom home offering the following features:
- Open kitchen, dining, lounge area with wood fireplace, flat screen TV, panoramic views and comfortable furnishings.
- The gourmet kitchen has a walk in pantry stocked with organic and whole food essentials. Food processor, quality cookware, crystal glassware, platters and vases ensure memorable entertaining occasions.
- Kitchen and dining areas lead out onto a large deck with an outdoor setting.
- Large double office with printers and access points, combines a study with fireplace and sitting room- the views from the study are of rolling hills, tall trees and grazing cattle. A wireless music system can be linked to your smart phone. I recommend Pandora or similar personalised radio for uninterrupted soothing background soundscapes.
- Three large bedrooms- two queen size and one double room come made up with electric blankets, feather pillows and both light and heavy wool doons. Bedside lamps and writing desks are provided.
- Master bedroom contains en-suite with heating, walk-in robe and bay window lounge for quiet contemplations.
- The front verandah opens off the master bedroom, study and dining room and has a porch swing which catches the sun and lets you watch the garden blossoming.
- A large laundry has linen cupboard, washing machine and dryer.
- the property has a fruit grove, ornamental gardens, vegetable garden a work in progress, rolling pastures, sheep and neighbouring cattle. There are 3 dams surrounded by natural bushland and views over rollings hills and port Huon.
- A cubby house replica of the home awaits our younger guests with colouring pencils, tables and chairs on the porch.
Travel to Wattle Grove via Cygnet from Hobart airport or from the ferry terminal in Davenport.
The local town of Cygnet is an easy 50 minute drive from Hobart through picturesque countryside through the Huon Valley or via the coastal Chanel Highway. Car hire is available at the airport or in town and access via public transport is provided by
-Metro Buses - Bus Route 98
Enter the property via electric gate with ample parking and covered car port at the front door. There is a small step up to the front door.
There are 3 double rooms- if you require a single bed let us know so that we can provide a trundle bed in one of the queen rooms. If you are booking for 2 persons you will find the additional 2 bedrooms and bathroom locked. Please notify us if you require access for additional guests- note that extra accomodation and cleaning charges will apply.
When you book our Wattle Grove home you have complete and private access to the entire property.
With easy access to markets, wineries, organic cider house, cafes and produce stores you will find yourself in gourmet heaven. Cygnet has a world class butcher, Garden Pantry and markets to meet your needs.
Have a look at the Huon Trail app with details of four areas along the trail- the Huon Valley, the D'Entrecasteaux Channel, Bruny Island and the remote and wild Far South. Highlights include towering sea cliffs, dramatic mountain peaks, ancient forests, underground caves, crystal waterways, native flora and fauna and sensational landscapes.
Closer to home.....
Stroll the gentle slopes of the farm or walk to the banks of the Huon, take a short drive to Cygnet Yacht Club picnic and parkland or drive an hour to majestic forests- you will need at least 5 days to experience it all and to unwind.
The week ends bring delightful local markets- you will want to experience Cygnet, Kettering or Huonville and you must take a scenic drive via Nicholls Rivulet to Hobarts Salamanca or Farm Gate Market which is held mid-week
For an evening out- Friday evenings at The Willy Smith Cider House or Wednesday night nibbles and cider at Pagan just outside Cygnet are highly recommended.
Events & Highlights:
- Cygnet Folk Festival early January
- Dark Mofo at MONA gallery in Hobart June- July
- Huon Mid Winter Festival Mid July
- Southport Sailing Regatta Jan
- Taste of the Huon Feb
- Huon Show Nov
- Festivale Food & Wine Launceston Feb
Public transport includes two bus services into and out of Cygnet.
-Metro Buses - Bus Route 98
Wattle Grove is 7.5km from Cygnet so you will require transport for this section.
Other Things to Note
During times of drought we ask that you be mindful of water consumption. If necessary additional water can be brought in by contacting us.
For longer stays you may need to refill the gas bottle for the stove top. Instructions are provided in the house directory.