Tulendena Garden House at our Kettering property offers award winning comfortable and secluded accommodation and features:
- Two bedrooms both with Queen sized beds with feather toppers and quality linen and eiderdowns. Second bedroom has built in wardrobe.
- Combined lounge and dining with kitchenette.
- Kitchen facilities include gas four burner stove, convection microwave oven, bar fridge plus mid sized fridge with freezer compartment, four slice toaster, Nespresso coffee machine with coffee pods, kettle, all crockery, cutlery and glassware, high quality stainless steel cooking utensils, pots and pans.
- Split system reverse cycle air conditioning heating and cooling in the lounge.
- Wood burning stove in lounge - firewood supplied in the winter.
- Complimentary WiFi.
- Complimentary Netflix.
- TV, DVD player and stereo in lounge.
- Range of books and DVD movies.
- Bathroom with large corner spa with overhead shower.
- Outdoor patio with exterior furniture
- Shared laundry facilities on site.
- Managers on site.
Parnella Kettering is:
- Set in a secluded garden.
- Only 3 kms to Bruny Island ferry
- Close to pubs, bottle shops, restaurants, general store, fuel and post office.
- On the main tourist route for the d'Entrecasteaux Channel, Bruny Island, Huon Valley and Far South regions
- Close to the lovely family friendly beaches at Conningham, Blackmans Bay and Kingston Beach.
- An easy 25 minute drive to the attractions of Hobart.
- Has wildlife visiting the property.
Housekeeping is an optional extra with a complimentary change of linen and towels for stays of four nights or more.
You will sleep peacefully in the feather topped Queen sized beds, awaken to birdsong from the surrounding garden and enjoy a leisurely breakfast on your private deck.
A kitchenette gives you the flexibility of preparing your own light meals or you can enjoy the many local restaurants and pubs which offer a wide range of dining to suit your tastes.
Our Garden House apartment is supplied with everything you will need for a great stay, and the garden setting provides ample opportunity to enjoy our bird and wildlife. Wallabies and other small animals are in abundance from dusk.
Waiting for you is crisp bed linen, warm eiderdowns, sumptuous towels, stereo with iPod dock, flat screen TV, DVD player with a selection of movies, coffee maker and a range of teas and coffees.
Only 25 minutes from Hobart, Parnella Kettering gives you an attractive base from which to explore everything the southern region of Tasmania has to offer. You can find out more about our suggested activities in the region by looking for our Parnella Accommodation page on facebook or by visiting our website by searching for Parnella Accommodation in your favourite search engine.
What our guests think
"Absolutely beautiful, homely, relaxing and comfortable ... one of the most lovely places we have ever stayed. So many details made our stay feel luxurious ... thank you for your hospitality."
Stacey and Kim, Barossa Valley, February 2014.
"A very beautiful place for our stay ... would love to come back again."
Yukie, Iris, Mama and Becky, Hong Kong February 2014.
"hank you Jonathan and Sue.We had a very pleasant couple of days here, notwithstanding the weather Lovely surroundings and excellent facilities. We enjoyed watching the pademelons."
Lorraine and Norma, March 2014.
"We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at your lovely place. Such a great location for exploring this part of Tasmania. Thank you Jonathan and Sue for all your care and thoughtfulness.
Gwen and Pam, March 2014.
"Thank you Jonathan and Sue for your welcome, care and help during our stay. We wish we could have stayed for longer. A calm, peaceful and luxurious environment."
David and Kate, Hertfordshire, UK, April 2014.
"The highlight of our return visit to is the positivity and generous welcome of our valued hosts, Sue and Jonathan You are both very special and your consistent attention to detail is of tremendous value to all guests. Thank you for your warmth and ensuring our comfort - we loved the bed"
Anne and Peter, Vic, July 2014.
Frequently Asked Questions About Parnella Kettering
Why should I choose to stay in Kettering over other locations?
All parts of our region are beautiful ... it really depends on what sort of holiday you want. Kettering offers a very peaceful, picturesque and convenient location from which to explore the southern region. We are also perfectly placed to permit easy day trips to Hobart or even further afield.
What would you recommend in the way of things to do and see in the region?
We are real fans of our region and we have no hesitation in recommending the many restaurants, pubs and cafés in the townships of Kingston, Blackmans Bay, Margate, Snug, and further south. Kettering has a world class chocolatier who we definitely advise that you visit and then the choice of activities throughout this region is really based on your own interests. There are great fishing, diving, surfing, and swimming spots and bushwalkers are well catered for with everything from an easy country ramble to challenging day trips. There are many artists and craftspeople throughout the region and of course you can catch the Bruny Island ferry for a memorable day out.
Other things to do include:
Explore the beautiful coastline of the Channel and Bruny Island.
Enjoy the beautiful, family friendly white sand beaches at Kingston Beach, Blackmans Bay and Conningham.
Fish - the Channel offers fantastic fishing and diving opportunities.
Visit the Hasting caves.
Visit the Tahune airwalk.
Visit the historic Huon Valley region.
Dine out at award winning restaurants.
Go bird watching.
Visit the Tasmanian Raptor and Wildlife Refuge located next to door to Parnella Kettering,