Our place is close to the airport 10min, Hobart city 25min easy drive, a central shopping precinct less than 10 minutes. We are well located to access the Tasman Peninsular and Port Arthur and the East Coast. We are also within a short, scenic drive of historic Richmond and the award winning wineries and restaurants in the Coal River Wine Region. But really on this property why would you want to leave?
You will love our place because here you will feel nurtured by nature in total privacy on an absolute waterfront setting overlooking Pittwater, Borilla Bay and the oyster farms dotted throughout the estuary.
At Oysterhouse there is no sense of dominion over nature, instead there is an intimate relationship with the water and shoreline.
Staying in Oysterhouse is a premium luxury experience. Here you will have stunning unparalleled ever changing views where at every turn floor to ceiling double glazed windows frame the estuary allowing you to observe nature from extreme comfort no matter what the weather. Huge bifold doors open on to expansive decking where you may chose to relax on one of the outdoor bean bags, fish off the deck or dine al fresco . This area is a registered Ramsar international bird sanctuary providing habitat for migratory shorebirds and regionally significant flora and fauna.
Seals are also sometimes spotted.
The property sits on 7.5 acres 3 hectares of absolute waterfront with several of its own private beaches where you can launch the canoe life jackets provided or just take a stroll and at low tide harvest your own oysters.
To visit you will leave the main road and enter a private road at the end of which is a historic railway cutting; this is Oysterhouse's private driveway.
In the evenings and early mornings expect to see wallabies, possums and echidnas.
The house is extremely spacious and the lounge is very comfortable with a cosy slow combustion fire, TV, DVD in the cabinet there is an extensive range of DVDs, stereo and radio.
In the sunroom there are books and a range of board games.
Heating and cooling can also be achieved from the reverse cycle air conditioner.
There is a gourmet kitchen with fan forced oven, gas plates, microwave/convection oven and steam oven and enough appliances to allow you to cook up a storm.
The master bedroom suite has the essence of a luxury resort. All bedrooms are very comfortable, carpeted and have luxury linen.
There is a European laundry with a front loading washer, washing powder, iron and ironing board.
Older children will love the property but it is not ideal for very little ones due to its proximity to the water. If you wish to bring young children this can be discussed.
Not suitable for pets
No parties or events
Please care for our house as you would your own.
Please lock the doors each time you leave the property and when you leave for the final time return the key to the key safe.
We also ask that you are conscious of the following:
1. The art on the walls is for your enjoyment but the surface of each image is fragile so we ask that you avoid touching them.
2. Water use - the only water supply for this house is tank water. Moderate water use is absolutely fine but please be very aware of the amount of water you use. For example excessively long showers and taps left on will deplete the finite water supply leaving no water for future guests.
3. Care for the natural environment. At times the wind picks up and if you leave light items lying around they will blow into the water and cause pollution. Please be conscious of the natural environment and do everything possible to keep it rubbish free.
4. There are DVDs, books and games for your enjoyment but we ask that you leave them in place for other guests.
5. There are herbs and spices etc in the cupboards which are also for your use but if you empty any containers could you please replace them.
6. The wifi is NBN satellite. There are restrictions on the amount of data available per month. 40gig peak and 40 gig off peak 11pm-6am So please be considerate of the amount of data you use leaving enough for other guests.