• Sunny, peaceful and fully self-contained weatherboard cottage with 1 large bedroom, new decks/pergola, covered verandah, woodstore and carport. There is a spare sofabed in the lounge area.
• All new fitout (kitchen, bathroom with bath, separate toilet etc), new carpet & lino, natural pine interior lining, roller blinds throughout.
• Woodheater heats whole cottage (some firewood supplied), which is also fully insulated. Heated towel rail and bathroom heater panel. Standing fan also supplied for warm days.
• Outdoor washing line, washing machine, basic cleaning equipment.
• Fully furnished and all necessary equipment in kitchen, teatowels, sheets, bedding and bath towels.
• Satellite broadband internet and landline phone available (tenant to arrange own accounts), large rainwater tanks (tested safe) provide all water.
Guests are welcome to access surrounding native gardens, wildlife ponds and walk on the whole 28-acre forested property, except within fences surrounding nearby house.
Interaction with Guests
I live in my house about 60m from the Cottage and am available every evening 5pm until 7pm for any questions, tips etc. I'm a graphic designer/ artist working from home.
13 minutes drive to Cygnet, where there are many facilities such as pubs and hotels, cafes, restaurants, shops, banks, Post Office, bus stops, etc. 55 minutes drive to Hobart.
Buses daily between Cygnet and Hobart.
Other Things to Note
Fishing rod and tackle available. Some organic vegies, eggs and honey may be available for purchase from time to time.
Standard rate applies to minimum rental of 1 week. Weekly discounts apply for longer stays.
No smoking, no large parties or excessive noise, no illegal drugs. All rent is paid in advance.
Mez New: "Friends stayed and really enjoyed it. Close to water for kayaking"