Watch the silhouettes of Esperance Bay and the islands Faith, Hope and Charity come alive as the sun rises. Look for the elegant black swans that have nested in this area for over 30 years. Sit back and relax and/or explore Southern Tasmania in comfort and style in a convenient location at Dover Sea View..........
• Sleeps up to 4 2 large bedrooms, both luxury queen size beds, with electric blankets, tub chairs and blanket boxes. One room has mirror wardrobe and both rooms with water views.
• Free wi-fi available.
• You will have exclusive use of this property, ie. rest assure no other guests :
• Open plan kitchen-living-dining.
• Sweeping views of Esperance Bay.
• Features all new furniture, quality carpet, curtains/blinds and appliances with a modern bathroom and kitchen.
• Daikin Heat Pump/Air conditioner for comfort all year round and double glazed windows for thermal efficiency and comfort.
• Price from $170 per night includes 2 people. Extra person/s charged at $30 per person/per night.
We welcome individuals, couples, families, friends or people on business
Photo's show casing the history of Dover as a fishing and farming area are displayed around the apartment. Games, books, puzzles and DVD's for your own entertainment on those quiet and relaxing evenings are available.
Dover is approximately 80-min drive 83 km south from Hobart.
Things to do as you travel from Hobart to Dover:
Perhaps you could stop at The Apple Shed at Grove just before Huonville and grab some yummy ciders. You could also see the apple museum and find out some interesting information about the history of apple farming in the Huon Valley.
If you are after a taste of some local wines then Home Hill Winery at Ranelagh is worth a look 10 minute detour. If you are into sushi then Masaaki's Sushi at Geeveston is a must. Google Masaaki sushi and decide for your self : The Post Office Restaurant in Dover will have you catered for dinner with a selection of seafood and other a la carte items and don't forget some great tasting pizza. Currently opened Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening. Our favourite is the scallop pizza Otherwise why not visit Australia's southern most hotel for a generous size meal at the Southport Hotel 15 minutes drive.
Woolworths at Huonville could be worth a stop for some essential items, otherwise Dover has a local supermarket for any of those last minute things to help you cook up a storm on the Weber BBQ awaiting you at your Dover Sea View Apartment 1.
If you are travelling from interstate you may even choose to stay a couple of nights at our Kingston Beach View - Tasmania property 184855.
This will allow you to be closer to other tourist attractions such as Bruny Island, MONA museum, Coal River vineyards, Port Arthur etc.
We look forward to hopefully seeing you soon :
Dover Sea View is a great base to explore and enjoy......
Dover is a pretty fishing village with beaches and pastoral scenery.
One of Tasmania's most southern towns, Dover sits at the head of Esperance Bay and overlooks the small islands of Faith, Hope and Charity.
It has attractive beaches and unspoilt scenery, while quaint cottages and English trees give the town an old world charm.
The town is a centre for apple orchards and fishing for salmon, abalone and crayfish. Its Atlantic salmon fish farm is the largest in the Southern Hemisphere.
Dover is an ideal base for exploring the Southwest Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area, including the Hartz Mountains National Park, with its rugged mountain peaks, thick rainforest and picturesque lakes.
One of the most popular attractions is nearby Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs. Also at nearby Southport is the Ida Bay historic railway, a 14 km journey through wildflower-dotted bushland and coastal heath to an idyllic, remote beach spot for lunch.
• Visit Hastings Caves and outdoor thermal pool 20 minutes drive
• Take a ride on the nearby Ida Bay historic railway25 minutes drive
• Explore the Wooden Boat Centre at Franklin 30 minutes drive
• Visit Cockle Creek and it's beautiful beaches and walk the South East Cape Walk. 50 minute drive
• Visit Tahune Airwalk near Geeveston and experience the natural environment. Remember if you like Sushi then pop into Masaaki's Sushi at Geeveston. 1 hour drive
Essential Services at Dover include:
• Service Station
• Dining/ take away
• Cellarbrations Bottle Shop
• IGA Supermarket
• EFTPOS / ATM
• Police Station
• Medical Centre
• Post Office
• Hair salon
• Hardware Store
• Visitor Information Centre