• The lovely little cottage on our property Winkfield is about 3.5kms out of Balnarring on the Westernport Bay side of the glorious Mornington Peninsula, south of Melbourne in Victoria
• Use of Winkfield Cottage includes the use of a summer house with a wood-fired pizza oven, a large swimming pool, gardens and lawns
• There is also a trampoline and a petanque court in the gardens
• Internet is included
• Use of (old!) bicycles can be arranged
• Eggs from our free-range chooks and fresh vegetables from the veggie garden are available for purchase
• Pets are welcome by prior arrangement. PLEASE EMAIL THE DETAILS OF ANY DOG/S (breeds, ages, temperament etc) YOU WOULD LIKE TO BRING - WE WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU AND HAVE A CHAT ABOUT IT
• HORSES are particularly welcome - additional charges are payable for horse accommodation and use of equestrian facilities, which are excellent so please enquire! Horse riding lessons are also available from a qualified instructor and we have one school horse available, so you don’t even need to BYO!
Things of which to be aware:
• No doubt about it, some aspects of our little Cottage are dated - the kitchen and bathroom are not exactly modern and the furnishings comfortable but not luxurious….and the cottage is priced accordingly
• Peacocks are beautiful birds but they can at times be a little noisy, particularly during their mating season in the Spring and early Summer. There are a number of them resident on the property next to us (together with a number of other feathered friends) and they do make their presence felt at times. Some people like the sound of the peacocks and the other bird-life both the next door and around us generally, but others might find it a bit of a racket
• We have 3 lovely dogs (1 Jack Russell and 2 Labradors) - but they can get a little excitable and barky in which case we do put no-bark collars on them. They are very friendly with strangers and other dogs
• The cottage is 20 metres from the main house, so there is not complete privacy, although once inside the cottage there are both privacy and block-out blinds on every window
• Until we have more bookings the bed in the main bedroom is a 1990s Country Road double (ie not Queen) sleigh bed
Number of Guests/Nights - limits & pricing
The cottage has a double bed in the main bedroom. The second bedroom is actually off the main bedroom and presently has one single bed, so it is possibly suitable for children or infants but not really for additional adults. If you would like to bring children or infants PLEASE DISCUSS IT WITH US FIRST. There will be an additional charge involved.
A different rate applies to SINGLE NIGHT STAYS, being $220 per night.