Immaculate, stylish two bedroom apartment opposite beach and a short walk from McCrae village.
This self-contained apartment is ideal for couples or a family, with a fully equipped kitchen, a modern open plan living / kitchen design, and a private courtyard with a BBQ and dining area.
The lounge room has a 40" flat screen digital TV, Blu-ray DVD player and a CD/radio/iPod stereo for you to use. There is air conditioning and heating throughout, with ceiling fans in the bedrooms.
One bedroom has a queen size bed, the other has two single beds. Quality linen and towels are provided but please bring your own beach towels. You will have access to a private bathroom with shower.
Off street parking is available and you will have a private entrance to the apartment.
Please note that this is a strictly non-smoking apartment and no pets are allowed.
Why stay with us
McCrae sits between Dromana and Rosebud and is said by many locals to have the best beach on the Mornington Peninsula.
With bathing boxes at the top of the white sandy beach, a relaxed atmosphere and calm, clear waters it is a picturesque and safe place to swim or play in the shallow waters. Warmer waters at Peninsula Hot Springs are only a short drive away.
If you want something more energetic we have two bikes available for you to use for free, with helmets and locks also provided. You can join the Bay Trail that passes in front the apartment and cycle toward either Sorrento or Dromana. There are also facilities nearby to hire kayaks, boats and other water sports equipment.
It is a short walk from the apartment to McCrae village for trendy cafes, restaurants and bars like The Lighthouse Cafe, McCrae Pavilion, Blue Bay Cafe, Match Maker, McCrae General Pizzeria and McCrae Provedore - there is no need to drive when dining out! A Coles supermarket, bakery, chemist and boutique shops are also nearby.
Our apartment is the ideal base for exploring the Mornington Peninsula, with great tourist attractions within walking distance including:
* McCrae Lighthouse and Yacht Club (5 min walk)
* McCrae Homestead (10 min walk - Victoria's oldest, original existing house)
* Heronswood (5 min drive or 30 min walk - historic house and gardens)
* Dromana 3 Drive-in (7 min drive - one of the last drive-ins in Victoria)
* Arthurs Seat (10 min drive or 1 hr walk - a 305 m / 1,001 ft high with magnificent views of Port Phillip Bay)
* The Enchanted Maze Garden (10 min drive or 1 hr walk - adventure park with three hedge mazes, two giant tube slides and much more)
You will also have easy access to other popular sites like:
* Peninsula Hot Springs (15 min drive)
* Red Hill Market (15 min drive)
* Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery (15 min drive)
* Mornington Peninsula National Park (20 min drive)
* Point Nepean and Fort Nepean (30 min drive - historical military ruins and bushland)
* HMAS Cerberus (30 min drive - military base, historical buildings, museum and submarine)
* Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park (30 min drive - native nocturnal animal walks held nightly)
There are also the many wineries, golf courses, galleries and markets that the Mornington Peninsula is becoming known for nearly as much as swimming and surf beaches.
How to get here
It is only one hour drive from Melbourne to have a secluded, safe swimming beach on your doorstep, making it perfect for a weekend away or a longer stay.
Get off the Mornington Peninsula Freeway at the McCrae exit, follow Lonsdale Street to Point Nepean Road, turn right at the lights and drive 200m to the apartment.
If using public transport you can get the 788 bus from Frankston train station heading toward Portsea, with the bus stopping metres away from the apartment.
If coming on the Queenscliff / Sorrento ferry it is a 20 min drive along the coast to the apartment.
We look forward to welcoming you at McCrae Beach Apartment.
"FOR YOUR ADDED SECURITY, THIS PROPERTY IS ONLY MANAGED IN AUSTRALIA AND WE NEVER REQUEST PAYMENTS BE MADE TO OVERSEAS BANK ACCOUNTS"