STAY AT DEAKIN
Deakin’s Waurn Ponds accommodation is conveniently located on picturesque grounds within the university campus and now offers greater variety with newly appointed townhouses and apartments. Available between the months of November to February our accommodation is ideally suited for everyone from individual travellers and families to large groups.
With 4 distinct accommodation types we offer:
THREE BEDROOM APARTMENT
Our spacious three bedroom apartments contain two rooms with a double bed in each and one room with two single beds. Each apartment has two bathrooms with separate toilets, and open plan fully equipped kitchen, dining and living area. Apartments are air conditioned and also contain tea / coffee facilities, free WIFI, flat screen televisions, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
TWO BEDROOM TOWNHOUSE
Our modern two bedroom townhouses feature two large rooms, one room with a king bed and one room with 2 single beds. Both rooms have a large en suites. The living areas contain an open plan fully equipped kitchen, dining and lounge area. Townhouses also contain tea / coffee facilities, free WIFI, flat screen televisions, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
STANDARD SINGLE ROOM
Located within a 12 bedroom Backpacker-style unit, our Standard Single rooms are equipped with a single bed, desk, chair, wardrobe, bed side table, mini fridge and tea and coffee facilities. Bathrooms are communal with separate toilets, and each unit also contains a large open plan fully equipped kitchen, dining and living area, fully equipped laundry and free WIFI. Suitable for individual travellers and groups of up to 360 people.
FIVE BEDROOM UNITS
Our five bedroom units contain five single bedrooms (each with single bed, desk, chair and wardrobe). Units are two storey. Each unit has one bathroom, and open plan kitchen, lounge and dining area. Suitable for larger families or small groups.
BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
MAJOR EVENTS . GROUPS . CAMPS . SCHOOLS . BUSINESS . LEISURE
The Deakin University Waurn Ponds Campus is well serviced by public transport. Buses come and go frequently traveling to many of the surrounding suburbs and have connecting buses to the Waurn Ponds Train Station located only 3km away.
Local bus stop: 100m
Sporting Reserve: 500 m
Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre: 2km
Leisurelink sporting and swimming facilities: 3 km
Kadinia Park: Geelong Cats Home Ground: 6 km
Barwon River: 4 km
Eastern Beach: 8 km
Belmont High Street Shopping District: 4km
Mt Duneed Estate: 9km
Geelong CBD: 8km or 15min by car
Tullamarine International Airport: 100km or 70min by car
Avalon Airport: 35km or 25min by car
• Free WI-FI
• Beds are made with linen and towel provided per person
• Kitchens are fitted with basic cooking packs and have fridges, microwaves and ovens
• Self-service laundry facilities
• Air-Conditioning available in our 3 bedroom apartments only
• Use of our recreation room which includes Foxtel, billiard and table tennis tables
• Basketball and tennis courts with equipment available to hire at reception
• Use of our BBQ and picnic areas
• Access to walking paths and a running track
• 24/7 security and staff support.
Deakin Geelong Units can also organise (additional costs may apply)
• Access to onsite YMCA gym, sports courts and ovals, programs can be arranged to suit your sporting club
• Access to the University Library
• Bookings to state of the art meeting rooms
• Pre-organise meals, directly ordered with one of our on-site food outlets
• Campus Cafe (Monday to Friday, excluding Christmas)
• Bicycle Storage
TERMS & CONDITIONS
We do not use this site to manage our bookings, please contact us directly for a quote.
**As we do have a number of accommodation options available, please advise number of sharing adults, ages of children and family requiring the same unit to allow us to reply to you with a more accurate cost.
Please note a three night minimum length of stay applies to bookings over 30th and 31st December 2016.