Welcome to the Otways
Our tranquil Otway Tree Top Retreat is only two hours from Melbourne and under one hour from Geelong, but you will feel a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of the urban jungle.
Our stunning abode in Gellibrand is a secluded and private retreat set on over 16 acres of old growth bush, lush river flats with a picturesque creek meandering through the fields.
Whether you’re a couple wanting a romantic getaway curled up in front of the open fire after a day out leisurely exploring the delectable delights of the Otway Harvest Trail or a family group looking for adventure close to bush walks, Beechy Rail Trail, Forrest biking trails, waterfalls and the Great Ocean Road, this location offers it all.
Immerse yourself in the peace and quiet, while lounging on the deck reading a book or sipping a local brew – or entertaining in a scenic bush oasis overlooking Charleys’s Creek. Throw a line in and watch the rainbow trout and black fish bite or take a dip yourself.Say hello to our friendly cows and keep an eye out for our stunning birdlife and wildlife including kangaroos, wallabies, platypus, koalas and echidnas.
If you want time off from cooking, take a short walk to the fully licensed local café and pick up supplies or have a counter meal at the Gellibrand hotel.
Spacious floor plan offering many separate areas for all to retire including:
• Large living area with two wood fires
• Stunning sunroom great for relaxing or yoga
• Pool/games room including bar, sofa bed, wood heater with additional games equipment for kids
• 5 bedrooms plus a double sofa bed in the poolroom
• Or if you spill out feel free to pitch a tent or two down by the creek for the full bush camping experience but with the luxury of 3 bathrooms back at the house
Local attractions; only a short drive to the following destinations:
• Great Ocean Road – scenic drive to Lorne and Apollo Bay
• Forrest Mountain Bike Trails
• 4WD trails for the adventurous at heart
• Californian Redwood Forest
• Otway Fly treetop walk
• Brae Restaurant – world renowned
• Waterfalls – Hopetoun, Beauchamp and Triplet
• 1 km walk to local café/shop and Gellibrand hotel
• 25 km to the pristine Johanna Beach
• 10 min up the hill to Otway Estate Brewery and Winery
• 20 mins across the bush to Forrest Brewery
• Gellibrand Blues and Blueberry Festival annually in February
• Birregurra Festival and Arts Show annually in October
• Forrest Soup Festival annually in June