Welcome to Ocean View Retreat! PLEASE NOTE: For your added security, this property is only managed in Australia and we never request payments be made to overseas bank accounts.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
Perched amongst towering gums and located in the exclusive and serene cul-de-sac that is Toorak Terrace, this immaculate 3 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom, 2 living area holiday home offers all you will need to relax, unwind and enjoying your coastal escape. A maximum of 6 guests strictly applies for all bookings.
Central to the property is the main open plan living area, which features polished wood floors, a designer kitchen complete with Miele appliances, and spacious dining and lounge area, all working their way towards the mid-level balcony that affords spectacular views through the valley to the Erskine River, Lorne's famous swing bridge and the coastline to Aireys Inlet. The BBQ and outdoor furniture make this the ideal location for evening meals in summer, while in winter the morning sun will be complemented by reverse cycle heating. Also on this level is a full laundry and separate toilet.
Upstairs contains three well appointed bedrooms. The master bedroom contains a Queen bed, walk-in robe, en suite bathroom and private balcony with ocean views. The second and third bedrooms contain Double beds and built-in wardrobes with plenty of space to hang and store the contents of your suitcases. Between the second and third bedrooms is a central bathroom with shower over single spa bath, toilet, basin and storage cabinet and full length mirror.
The bottom of three levels is the second living area, providing a sanctuary from the rest of the home. Fully en-suited, this rumpus style room has comfortable couches, a coffee table and comes complete with a selection of books and games, as well as a second television / DVD for those who find they need to satisfy different preferences at the same time!
The peace and quiet on offer here is matched by the close proximity to the heart of Lorne, which makes Ocean View Retreat your perfect getaway.
* Main Room (middle level, entry from car park)
Living area comprises 1x3 & 2x1 seat couches, 42 inch TV, Blue Ray DVD, CD player / radio, decorative log fireplace, reverse cycle heating and cooling, deck with views of the ocean.
Full kitchen with stone bench, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, gas stove & oven. Pantry and cupboards with pots, pans, serving dishes, storage containers, crockery and cutlery. The indoor dining area comprises a 6 seating dining table and breakfast bar with two stools. BBQ on outdoor deck with additional outdoor furniture for 6.
Adjoining Laundry room with washing machine, dryer and sink (additional clothes line outdoors), separate toilet.
* Downstairs Living Room
Lounge area with 2 x 2.5 seat couches, 40 inch TV, DVD. Bookshelf with a variety of books and games. Full en suite facilities (shower and toilet). No sleeping facilities on this level, though an optional Queen size air mattress is available upon request (note: the room does not offer block out darkness).
* Upstairs Bedrooms & Bathrooms
1 x Queen Master Bedroom with adjoining deck and amazing views, walk-in robe with hanging space, shelves and drawers, en suite bathroom with shower, double basin and toilet.
2 x Double Bedrooms with built-in robes containing hanging space, shelves and drawers. Windows that open, with tree views.
All three bedrooms contain an electric blanket on beds and a heater for cooler months and fans that can be used during warmer weather.
Central bathroom with shower over single spa bath, single basin, toilet, vanity and full-length mirror cabinet.
Central passage extends from stairs leads to all rooms on this level.
BOOKING INFORMATION & ENQUIRIES
As regular holiday-makers ourselves with a preference for self contained accommodation, we have included things that we always look for in a self-catering holiday experience to ensure your stay at Ocean View Retreat Lorne is as enjoyable as possible. We keep the property clean, well maintained and highly functional for enjoyable, hassle-free holiday living. We ask that you take care of our property and leave it in the condition you found it, other than for a routine clean and bedding / linen change.
When making an enquiry, we encourage you to ask us any questions you have based on your own specific personal preferences or needs.
We enjoy holidays most when we know what we're getting. As such, here are the things about the property that you may want to know:
- The location is up on a hill in Lorne, meaning you will have either a short drive (1 minute) or a brief walk (5-10 minutes depending on fitness) down a hill to get to the beach or main street. The benefits of the location are the great views and relative peace & quiet. All properties in the street are at the higher end.
- The on-site car park is uncovered and big enough for two cars. The driveway is steep, but well engineered. There is minimal street parking, so parking for more than two cars cannot be guaranteed, especially during summer, school holidays and long weekends.
- We do not have 'block out' blinds on the windows in bedrooms. However, we are light sleepers ourselves and have never had problems with waking early here.
- We do not recommend the property for people with toddlers requiring constant attention due to multiple hazards including staircases and balconies.
* Booking Conditions
- The property must only be used for private, residential usage and for the number of guests stated on your Booking Confirmation.
- No functions or parties may be conducted at the property. This includes any hosting meals for more than 6 people, unless agreed in writing in advance.
- Our property is NOT available for schoolies bookings under any circumstances.
- No pets are allowed anywhere on the property (inside or out).
- People may only sleep in the beds provided.
- A strictly no smoking policy applies in the house, including on deck / balcony areas. You may smoke at street level and dispose of buts in a considerate way.
- For enquiries more than 6 months in advance, we only accept bookings of 5 nights or more.
- Proof of identity is required to confirm a booking, even if payment has been made.
Not adhering to any of these conditions will be grounds for the loss of your bond (damage deposit) payment, and may result in the immediate termination of your Booking without refund. This is an extremely rare occurrence!
Please ask questions if you are unsure about what to expect. Our aim is that you will want to return to this property year after year for your Lorne holidays.