Large modern architectural house
Enjoy the views and rural tranquillity
A room with a view
Watch the sunset
Sleep in comfort
Relax and read the paper
Kick back on the deck
Wake up to the sight of kangaroos
Have a drink and watch the sun set
Enjoy a BBQ with friends
Have a dinner party
Let the children loose in the games room
Just relax and sleep in
Floor plan - 4 Bedrooms and 2 living rooms
Set high on a stunning 100 acre property with panoramic views of the surrounding country side and bushland, this large modern architectural house will provide you with the space to relax and be re-energised.
Charleson Farm is an hour and twenty minutes from Melbourne and centrally located on the Surf Coast, only 25-35 mins from Lorne, Torquay, Anglesea, Birregurra, Geelong, Colac and the attractions of the Great Ocean Road. The surrounding bushland is also home to over sixty kangaroos.
- Enjoy the views and rural tranquillity
- Relax in front of the wood fire
- Have a drink on the large covered deck
- Watch the kangaroos run by
- Visit the local wineries and berry farms
- Host a dinner party
- Go bush walking in the nearby National Park
- Swim at the beach
- Hang out in the games room, or
- Simply do nothing
Luxuriously spacious for families
Charleson Farm has the facilities and space to accommodate multiple families in comfort:
- Sleeps 10 adults/children within the 4 bedrooms: 2 bedrooms with queen beds, 1 bedroom with a king bed (can be split into 2 singles) and a large bedroom with 6 beds (2 singles that can be made into a king bed, and 2 sets of bunks)
- Additional children under 3 can also be accommodated
- Most rooms can fit portacots
- The kitchen is modern and includes a dishwasher, microwave and almost everything else you will need. There are 2 large fridges.
- Just off the kitchen is a built in gas BBQ
- There is a laundry with washing machine and dryer
- All rooms have heating and cooling. The main living area also has a wood heater (wood provided), HD TV, DVD player and CD player with an IPOD dock.
- Separate large games room complete with table tennis, games console, table soccer, TV/DVD etc
- Cows, goats and kangaroos to add to the farm feel.
- The house is set up with babies in mind: two portacots, high chair, baby friendly toys, safety locks on cupboards etc
There is a supermarket, chemist, bakery, hotel, swimming pool etc nearby.
Please note that the property is not suitable for bucks/hens groups or other groups looking to have loud parties. Dinner parties or family birthday gatherings etc are fine. The property is also not suitable for pets, motor bikes etc.
Charleson is officially a B&B and there is an on site manager. It is the no 1 property on Stayz in terms of 5 star ratings and reviews.
We endeavour to provide a 6pm checkout to enable guests to maximise their break, but this depends on whether there are other guests arriving that day.
Comments from guests
"This house was absolutely incredible. From the minute we walked into the house we felt totally relaxed and calm. The silence of the region plus the comfort of all the decor was gorgeous. We spent most of our time either watching the gorgeous fireplace roaring with heat, or sitting out watching the world go by. Thank you so much for our time there - everyone agreed that we WILL be back again!!"
"We had a brilliant time down at Charleson Farm for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Our 3 kids loved the place and the room outside to run around, and also quite enjoyed chasing the roos and helping with the fire duties. While we felt completely isolated (which is what we wanted), there were plenty of great food and wine places within 15-20 minutes to satisfy all our needs. Currently working out when our next trip to Charleson will be. Thanks - it was just brilliant."
"Our weekend was fantastic, we can not say enough about the gorgeous house and for thinking of all the little things needed but often forgotten. We had an amazing time with all the tired and frazzled mothers leaving yesterday feeling revived and a little sore from the laughter and warm with memories that we will keep with us for a long time. It really was a special weekend."
"Charleson Farm was very nice ... the perfect place for families who want total seclusion. The kangaroos came right up to the house almost every day."
"WOW that was great holiday even though we were rained in, we still went walking in the rain and dried by the beautiful fireplace! We definitely plan to come and stay again - it is hard to find such a nice house that fits all my siblings in it!!"
"The house is fantastic for a group weekend away, with all quarters very well designed"
Air conditioning, Washing machine, Parking, Dishwasher
- Outdoor grill
- Entertainment and Family
- Satellite/Cable, DVD player, Video library, Games, Games room, Stereo, Parking, Cot
- Kitchen and Dining
- Kitchen, Child's high chair, Microwave, Dishwasher
- Linen and Cleaning
- Linens provided, Clothes dryer, Iron and board, Washing machine, Towels provided
- Heating and Cooling
- Air conditioning, Fireplace, Heating