ESCAPE TO LORNE
This light-filled, modern apartment is quietly located at the rear of the historic Cora-Lynn complex right in the centre of Lorne. This apartment features beautiful treed outlooks from its windows and two small balconies. It is perfect for a romatic getaway or, for a small family, there is a fold-out sofa-bed in the living area and a private retreat upstairs with QS bed and ensuite for parents. The Beachbox is suitable for a maximum of 3 adults. For larger families or groups please contact owner, as we can offer adjoining Beachboxes.
- fully equipped kitchen with fridge & microwave
- living/dining area with french doors to two balconies
- TV & DVD
- bathroom with shower, vanity, toilet
- washing machine in bathroom, iron and ironing board
- electric wall panel heating & ceiling fan
- dedicated undercover parking underneath for 1 car
- linen supplied
- porta-cot & stairguard on request please confirm via telephone
- professionally cleaned for each stay
- 24 hour check-in
- 2 night minimum
- no smoking
- sorry, no pets
LORNE THE PERFECT HOLIDAY LOCATION
The Great Ocean Road along Victoria's western coastline is world renowned for its beauty and Lorne is often described as the jewell of this Surf Coast. Located on the edge of beautiful Loutit Bay, the town nestles between the blue ocean and the Otway National Park. Lorne has been a popular holiday spot since Victorian times when the journey from Melbourne would take several days, but today, with the new Geelong by-pass, the journey can be made in less than 2 hours.
Lorne has something to offer the whole family:-
- beautiful, safe, patrolled, family friendly beaches
- magnificent National Parks with waterfalls, bush walks,
- 4-wheel drive trails, Ranger excursions
- surfing, wind-surfing, para-gliding, fishing, golf
- swimming pool, trampolines, skate park, paddle boats
- adventure playground and BBQ's on the foreshore
- cafes, restaurants, bars, alfresco dining
- spa and beauty salon at the Mantra Resort
- boutiques, giftshops, antiques
- galleries, Lorne Historical Society Museum
- Ranger supervised Bush & Beach excursions
The areas surrounding Lorne offer plenty of day trips:-
Drive to Apollo Bay to see the fishing fleet, or perhaps
book a deep sea fishing trip departing from the harbour.
Drive along the Great Ocean Road to view the famous Twelve
Apostles and the magnificent coastal scenery.
Visit the recently constructed Otway Fly rainforest walk.
Go whale watching. Whales are often sighted along the
Great Ocean Road, particularly during the winter months
when they are migrating and when mothers have given
birth to calves.
Take a 20 minute drive inland to Gentle Annie's Berry
Farm situated in the picturesque Pennyroyal Valley. Here
you can pick your own fruit, enjoy lunch or afternoon
tea and visit the farm shop for delicious preserves.
This is a great excursion if the weather is cloudy on
the coast, as often it will be fine inland.
Visit the Lorne Information Centre, just across the road
from Beachbox 15, for details of these excursions and many
more ideas on what to see and do around Lorne.