ESCAPE TO LORNE
This light-filled, modern aprtment is quietly located at the rear of the historic Cora-Lynn complex right in the centre of Lorne. The apartment features double doors opening to a small sunny balcony. It is perfect for a romantic getaway or, for a small family, there is a fold-out sofa-bed in the living area + porta-cot and stairguard and a private retreat upstairs for parents with QS bed and bathroom. The Beachbox is suitable for a maximum of 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children under 12.
- fully equipped kitchen with fridge & microwave
- living/dining area with french doors to balcony
- TV & DVD
- bathroom with shower, vanity, toilet
- washing machine in bathroom, iron and ironing board
- electric wall panel heating & ceiling fan
- dedicated undercover parking for one car
- linen for 4 supplied
- professionally cleaned for each stay
- 24 hour check-in
- 2 night minimum
- no smoking
- sorry, no pets
LORNE THE PERFECT HOLIDAY LOCATION
The Great Ocean Road along Victoria's western coastline is world renowned for its beauty and Lorne is often described as the jewell of this Surf Coaast. Located on the edge of beautiful Loutit Bay, the town nestles between the blue ocean and the Otway National Park. Lorne has been a popular holiday spot since Victorian times when the journey from Melbourne would take several days, but today, with the new Geelong by-pass, the journey can be made in less than 2 hours.
Lorne has comething to offer the whole family:-
- beautiful, safe, patrolled, family friendly beaches
- magnificent National Parks with waterfalls, bush walks
- 4-wheel drive trails, Ranger excursions
- surfing, wind-surfing, para-gliding, fishing, golf
- swimming pool, trampolines, skate park ,paddle boats
- adventure playgound and BBQ's on the foreshore
- cafes, restaurants, bars, alfresco dining
- spa and beauty salon at the Mantra Resort
- boutiques, giftshops, antiques
- galleries, Lorne Historical Society Museum
- Ranger supervised Bush & beach excursions
The areas surrounding Lorne offer plenty of day trips:-
Drive to Apollo Bay to see the fishing fleet, or perhaps book a deep sea fishing trip departing from the harbour.
Drive along the Great Ocean Road to view the famous Twelve Apostles and the magnificent coastal scenery.
View the recently constructed Otway Fly rainforest walk.
Take a 20 minute drive inland to Gentle Annie's Berry Farm situated in the picturesque Pennyroyal Valley. Here you can pick your own fruit, enjoy lunch or afternoon tea and visit the farm shop for delicious preserves. This is a great excursion if the weather is cloudy on the coast, as often it will be fine inland.
Visit the Lorne Information Centre, just across the road from Beachbox 17, for details of these excursions and many more ideas on what to see and do around Lorne.