COME FOR THE OCEAN, ESCAPE TO THE WOODS.
Tucked away on over an acre of secluded bushland, our self-contained cabins provide simple and relaxed accommodation, just a few minutes from Ocean Grove’s shopping strip and beach. Perfect for couples, girls’ weekends or a small family getaway, our studio cabins include a kitchenette, ensuite bathroom and sitting area.
After a day exploring our local wineries, golf courses, shops, markets and beaches, nestle in underneath the gum trees in one of our bush cabins and really unwind. With use of facilities including swimming pool, spa, tennis court, pitch and putt golf green, BBQ and alfresco eating area, you’ll be laughing along with the kookaburras as the sun sets for another day on the Bellarine Peninsula.
Please note, minimum night stays may apply during January, long weekends and special holidays. Check with us first and we will try and accommodate one or two night stays wherever possible.
- Luxurious French linen and quality bedding
- Flat screen TV/DVD player
- Kitchenette with fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, crockery, tea, coffee and milk
- Ensuite bathroom with towels, soap and hairdryer
- Indoor sitting area and covered outdoor verandah to chat, eat, read and relax
- Coathangers, hooks and full length mirror
- On-site parking
- Laundry with washing machine, clothesline, ironing board and iron
- Outdoor kitchen with BBQ, crockery and utensils, table and chairs, sink and fridge
- Swimming pool and spa
- Tennis court
- Pitch and putt golf green
Featuring a queen-size bed with luxurious French linen, the earthy hues in the first of our cabins create an elegance perfect for couples. A leather sofa and coffee table also offers a cosy space to share a cheeseboard or watch a DVD.
Prepare a romantic evening in, with the kitchenette featuring a microwave, kettle, toaster, bench-top stove, bar fridge and coffee machine. Tea, coffee, milk, crockery and cleaning supplies are all provided. You’ll find a spot for your toiletries in the clean and bright ensuite bathroom. No need to pack towels, soap or a hairdryer when you unwind at our cabins.
The covered verandah of our bush cabins is the closest you’ll get to a home among the gumtrees. With a daybed and hanging chair, unwind here with the newspapers in the morning sun or a crisp glass of wine in the afternoon.
Upon request we can accommodate an extra person on a portable bed.
With its light and bright décor, the second of our cabins is a fresh and fun space for a couple, group of friends or small family. With a queen bed, single bed and pull-out trundle this cabin can sleep up to four guests.
The kitchenette has everything you need for brekky or a basic meal; with a fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, crockery, tea, coffee and milk.
A kitchen table is just the space to set up a laptop, spread out with the papers or linger over a drop of wine from the nearby wineries. The space also comes equipped with a TV and DVD player. You’ll find a spot for your toiletries in the clean and bright ensuite bathroom. No need to pack towels, soap or a hairdryer.
The verandah has a beautiful view of the native garden, huge gum trees and tennis court. Perch on the stools at the bar and listen to the calls of the bush with your morning coffee.
Ocean Grove is small enough to spot roadside stalls selling giant homegrown zucchinis, fresh flowers and buckets of lemons, but there’s enough going on that you won’t have to search far from our Ocean Grove bush cabins for things to do
TOP FIVE IN FIVE MINUTES
1. Beachy days. Roll out the towel for a day of sun and sand at Ocean Grove Main Beach. Catch some waves or book a surf lesson, ramble through the rockpools, grab a coffee from the Dunes Restaurant or play with your pooch at the designated dog beach.
2. Organise a driver and loosen a notch on your belt. Traipse through the Bellarine’s top wineries and drinking holes such as Oakdene Vineyard and Flying Brick Cider Company, sample wholefoods and raw desserts at Kyosk Café, queue for a famous Squishy at Starfish Bakery and tuck into fish of the day At the Heads restaurant set on a pier.
3. Family fun. Thrill the kids at Adventure Park, Victoria’s biggest theme park; get tricked up at Ocean Grove skate park, feed the ducks at Blue Waters Lake or brave the BMX track at Ocean Grove Nature Reserve.
4. Spend your pocket money. Hit the huge array of shops in The Terrace and beyond, including the popular Pattison’s Jewellers, the Green Room surf shop, Stone & Grain homewares, the eclectic warehouse Kyo with imported furniture and weird bits and pieces or a walk-in Chinese massage.
5. Get active. Paraglide over the sea off the Ocean Grove lookout, bushwalk through the nature reserve, cycle or scoot along the Barwon River track, take a boxing or yoga class on the foreshore.
TOP 10 WITHIN 10 MINUTES
1. Our patch is spoiled for choice with highly ranked golf courses at 13th Beach, Barwon Heads, Curlewis and Swan Bay.
2. Wander the vines and fill containers of berries at Wallington Strawberry Farm or pick your own produce from Lomas Orchards.
3. Head to the flat and sparkling Barwon River for stand-up paddle boarding, yoga, fishing, jet skis or the bluff walk.
4. The Bellarine Rail Trail is a must-do for cycle enthusiasts or a family day out.
5. Weekend farmer’s markets are dotted along the coastal towns, a treasure trove of artistic wares, fresh produce, coffee and treats.
6. Catch a gig at the Barwon Heads Hotel, Piping Hot Chicken Shop also an institution for chips and gravy or Sunday afternoon tunes at Uncle Jack’s bar.
7. The historical town of Queenscliff is home to an old fort, the Sorrento ferry, fishing charters, art galleries, antique shops and tourist steam train.
8. Don the apron for a cooking class at Terindah Estate or Annie’s Provedore.
9. For a heart racing adventure, take a scenic flight or skydive from Barwon Heads airport.
10. Join a Sunday morning tour of Point Lonsdale lighthouse, one of the very few manned lighthouses left in Australia.
CONDITIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Deposits for The Woods Ocean Grove cabins will be refunded in full for bookings cancelled with more than 30 days’ notice. Half of the deposit will be refunded for bookings cancelled with at least 21 days’ notice. Less than 21 days’ notice will result in the full booking amount being charged, unless we can re-book the cabin at short notice.
- The Woods is a private and peaceful spot for guests only. Outside visitors are welcome by arrangement only.
- Costs for damage other than minor breakages will be passed on to the guest.
- Please respect our neighbours and wildlife. Unfortunately The Woods is not suitable for pets.
- No smoking inside the cabins and butts to be disposed of thoughtfully.
- Our pool area is open to guests from 10am to 6pm. Strictly no glass is permitted inside the pool area.