Alice's Palace is one of the closest holiday properties to the main surf beach - a 2 minute walk. River and shops are 5 & 10 minutes' walk respectively.
Newly renovated, it's light & airy with open-plan living downstairs leading to a deck leading and native garden.
A gorgeous place in a perfect location.
The contemporary decor create a relaxed atmosphere for holiday makers in summer. A gas log fire makes it homely, warm and welcoming in winter. An upstairs study nook with a balcony, view and natural light is perfect for professionals all year-round.
You can wander down to the beach and back in time for breakfast/lunch/dinner or just hang out and enjoy the ambience, listening to the surf roll in.
An open plan living area with a big L-shaped leather lounge, gas log fire, 55" TV, Chromecast, Bluetooth sound-bar, DVD player with quality DVDs, dining area, a well-equipped kitchen and a bathroom.
3 bedrooms with new beds and quality mattresses, a bathroom and a south facing study nook with a balcony.
Bed arrangements sleep up to 7 max:
Main bedroom - 1 QS bed
2nd bedroom - 2 long SB 'twin beds' OR 1 King Size bed
3rd bedroom - 1 QS bed and 1 standard SB atop a low-line bunk. This will be removed in Feb-Mar '18 and replaced by a futon that can be pulled out and used on the floor for the 7th guest. Suitable for a child/teen.
Outside has a native garden with outdoor furniture and a BBQ. There are shade trees out the back and lawn out the front. Perfect for kids to play and adults to relax.
Everyone welcome including small groups, families with kids, business travelers and LGBTQI.
Minimum stays apply:
2 - night minimum stay applies to most times.
4 - night minimum stay over Easter.
3 - night minimum stay applies to most other public holiday/long weekends.
7 - night minimum stay over the Christmas/early Jan holiday period.
1 - single nights are available Sun - Thu from May to August inclusive. Contact us directly to organise can't reserve via calendar.
- There are strict no-smoking rules applied, and include the balcony, decks and garden. This property-wide rule is a Body Corporate requirement. If you want to smoke, please wander off-property.
- No pets or schoolies.
- Shoes off at the door would be great.
- Store boards and kayaks in lock-up external storage area on property provided
Things to do:
- Perfect surf and river spot for swimming, surfing, boogie boarding, surf-kayaking, kite-surfing, skim-boarding, canoeing and sail-boarding, sand-castle building, beach volleyball, frisbee playing, beach cricket... Local surf shops hire equipment and wet-suits, or BYO.
- Sensational walks along the beach and up the Barwon River and over the footbridge to Barwon Heads or along walking tracks.
- Long walk to Point Lonsdale along beach in opposite direction.
- Explore rock pools
- Snorkel or dive the HMAS Canberra warship scuttled 2009 close-by
- Fish off the Ocean Grove beach or in the Barwon River. The jetty and boat ramp is upstream.
- Swim in the sheltered 'flat water' of the Barwon River
- Cycling is undulating
- 16 Golf courses within 35 minute radius drive and one within a 10 minute walk. Some golf courses are world class and many are open to the public.
- Explore local wineries, boutique breweries, olive groves, trendy cafe's and bars close-by
- UberX and taxis are available in Ocean Grove and surrounds.
- Free shuttle bus between Ocean Grove and Barwon Heads from 27 Dec - 26 Jan 10am to 6pm, leaving hourly.
- Bike hire locally
Visit one of Victoria's best kept secrets: Ocean Grove's main surf beach.
1. It’s an ocean beach not a bay beach, so you get real surf pretty consistently
2. The waves aren’t ‘bone-crushing’ like most other Victorian ocean beaches
3. It’s patrolled by surf life savers throughout summer/to end Easter/extended according to public needs
4. It rarely has seaweed and when it does, it’s minimal
5. There are no rocks. There are about 700mt down the beach at low tide, heading towards lighthouse
6. It has grass and a promenade with a view of the beach so its great if you’re injured, elderly, don’t want to walk in sand or want to spread your towels out & sit on greenery
7. Good coffee and a newspaper, snacks or full meals at Dunes Café on the beach under redevelopment 2018. You can hang-out there in summer/winter in the cool/warm and enjoy an even better view of the surf & surfing, post redevelopment.
8. It’s cleaner than bay beaches because it’s not in a city-engulfed bay. It faces open sea & King Island.
9. It has a river Barwon River for ‘flat-water’ fun, a hike down the beach or 400mt short-cut inland.
10. AND it’s less than 1.5 hrs drive from Melbourne, 20 min. from Geelong, 40 min. from Avalon Airport.
It just doesn’t get any better than this. Feel free to spread the word