Alice's Palace is all about relaxation, location, ambience & convenience.
You can stroll to Victoria’s best family-friendly ocean surf beach in 2 minutes. Wander to the Barwon River in 5 minutes. Walk to shops, bars and restaurants in 10 minutes.
The light, airy and contemporary decor of Alice’s Palace creates a relaxed atmosphere for your summer holidays. A big gas log fire makes winter warm and welcoming. A study nook with lots of natural light, view, balcony and Free Wi-Fi provides creative space and fast internet.
Perfect for work, rest & play all year-round. Less than 1.5 hrs from Melbourne or 20 minutes from Geelong.
Everyone welcome including small groups, families with kids, business travelers, dates, LGBTQI.
Open plan living area with big L-shaped leather lounge, dining area, a well-equipped kitchen, 55" TV, Chromecast, Bluetooth sound-bar, DVD player/DVDs, bathroom, air-con.
3 bedrooms with new beds and quality mattresses, a bathroom and south facing study nook. Reverse cycle air-con.
Bed arrangements sleep up to 7 max:
Main bedroom - 1 Queen bed. Travel cot is also available.
2nd bedroom - 2 long Single beds 'twin beds' OR 1 King size bed
3rd bedroom - 1 Queen bed. 1 pull-out futon mattress suitable for child/teen is also available.
Outside has a native garden with outdoor furniture and a BBQ. There are shade trees out the back and lawn out the front. Perfect for kids to play and adults to relax, listening to the surf roll in.
Minimum stays apply:
2 - night minimum stay applies to most times.
4 - night minimum stay over Easter.
3 - night minimum stay applies to most other public holiday/long weekends.
7 - night minimum stay over the Christmas/early Jan holiday period.
1 - single nights are available Sun - Thu from May to August inclusive. Contact us directly to organise can't reserve via calendar.
- There are strict no-smoking rules which include the balcony, decks and garden. If you want to smoke, please wander off-property.
- No pets or schoolies.
- Shoes off at the door would be great.
- Store boards and kayaks in lock-up storage under deck
Things to do:
- Perfect surf and river spot for swimming, surfing, boogie boarding, surf-kayaking, kite-surfing, skim-boarding, canoeing and sail-boarding, sand-castle building, beach volleyball, frisbee playing, beach cricket... Local surf shops hire equipment and wet-suits, or BYO.
- Sensational walks along the beach and up the Barwon River and over the footbridge to Barwon Heads or along walking tracks.
- Long walk to Point Lonsdale along beach in opposite direction.
- Explore rock pools
- Snorkel or dive the HMAS Canberra warship scuttled 2009 close-by
- Fish off the Ocean Grove beach or in the Barwon River. The jetty and boat ramp is upstream.
- Swim in the sheltered 'flat water' of the Barwon River
- Cycling is undulating
- 16 Golf courses within 35 minute radius drive and one within a 10 minute walk. Some golf courses are world class and many are open to the public.
- Explore local wineries, boutique breweries, olive groves, trendy cafe's and bars close-by
- UberX and taxis are available in Ocean Grove and surrounds.
- Free shuttle bus between Ocean Grove and Barwon Heads from 27 Dec - 26 Jan 10am to 6pm, leaving hourly.
- Bike hire locally
Visit one of Victoria's best kept secrets: Ocean Grove's main surf beach.
1. It’s an ocean beach not a bay beach, so you get real surf pretty consistently
2. The waves aren’t ‘bone-crushing’ like most other Victorian ocean beaches
3. It’s patrolled by surf life savers throughout summer/to end Easter/extended according to public needs
4. It rarely has seaweed and when it does, it’s minimal
5. There are no rocks. There are about 700mt down the beach at low tide, heading towards lighthouse
6. It has grass and a promenade with a view of the beach so its great if you’re injured, elderly, don’t want to walk in sand or want to spread your towels out & sit on greenery
7. Good coffee and snacks in the main beach car park from pop-up gourmet goods shop Kettle Fish while Dunes Café is under redevelopment.
8. It’s cleaner than bay beaches because it’s not in a city-engulfed bay. It faces open sea & King Island.
9. It has a river Barwon River for sheltered ‘flat-water’ fun, a 25 min stroll down the beach or 5 minute short-cut inland.
10. AND it’s LESS than 1.5 hrs drive from Melbourne, 20 min. from Geelong, 40 min. from Avalon Airport.
It just doesn’t get any better than this. Feel free to spread the word