Tooram Rd, Allansford via Warrnambool, Vic, 3277
Enjoy the serenity and tranquillity of this reproduction federation homestead overlooking the historic Hopkins River. This outstanding home has years of history and many stories within its walls. It has old world charm with the modern comforts of today’s living. The kitchen is striking with a huge 5 burner gas stove and oven. Don’t worry about the cleaning required after your big cook up, as there’s a powerful dishwasher to take care of the washing up.
This 4 AAA star accredited home, Hopkins River Homestead, is located at the end of the Great Ocean Road within minutes of Warrnambool, beaches, whale viewing, and 30 minutes from the 12 Apostles coastal park. Situated on 10 acres with 4 spacious bedrooms and 2 bathrooms it is the perfect family retreat, offering well - appointed accommodation for up to 10 guests. All rooms capture the true essence of the surrounding nature
Relax on the verandah and become intrigued by the activities of our resident platypus colony, or perhaps try a spot of fishing by the river. And please, don’t forget to bring the marshmallows for the open fires.
Coffee plunger, split system heating/air-conditioning and celling fan in lounge area, open fire places, oil heater in each room, dining room, spa bath, full laundry with washing machine and clothes dryer, iron and ironing board, Flat screen TV, DVD Player, CD Player, double lock up garage, barbecue, hair dryer.
Bedroom and Bathroom Details
Bedroom 1 – Queen Bed
Bedroom 2 – Queen Bed
Bedroom 3 – Two singles
Bedroom 4 – Double sofa bed and 2 trundle beds on request
Please request the following items to hire prior to your stay
- A porta cot and high chair: no charge but you must supply your own linen for the portacot.
Linen and Towels
Please bring your own towels and bed linen including 2 sheets per bed, pillow cases and doona covers, we will provide the doonas and pillows. We can supply linen and towels for an additional $40 per bed.
Bathroom 1 – Spa bath, shower and Toilet
Bathroom 2 – Shower and Toilet
Please note we will deduct $500 from your credit card 10 days prior to your arrival. This will then be returned upon inspection of the property after your departure. Our rates are based on twin share. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed in advance. Please include all adults and children in your enquiry. If you have babies please advise their ages also.
We provide you with a starter pack of essential house hold items such as toiletries, dish washing detergent, washing powder, dish cloths, scrubbing brush, paper towels and toilet paper on check in. You will then need to purchase all necessities for the continuation of your stay.
You can get to Warrnambool from Melbourne via V/Line at Southern Cross Train Station, it takes 3.5 hours. Warrnambool Train station is 13km, 14min drive from Hopkins River Homestead.
There really is so much to do and see- every great holiday has a balance of rest and play.
• Horse riding - Enjoy a trail ride along the beach in Warrnambool with Rundell's Mahogany Trail Rides
• Warrnambool golf club –Play a round of golf and enjoy a refreshing ale afterwards. Rated among Australia’s top 100 by Golf Digest.
• Tower Hill Reserve –A scenic 20 minute drive that you must take to see this spot of paradise which is perfect for all ages. This reserve is nestled in a dormant volcano and nowadays is a beautiful haven for wildlife. The lakes and wetlands encourage many species of water birds to come and play.
• The Worn Gundidj Visitor Centre is worth checking out as it features cultural displays and locally-produced authentic Aboriginal Products.
• Cheese World - Home of the famous Warrnambool Cheese and Butter WCB Company. WCB have been making high quality dairy products for over 120 years so make sure you visit Cheese World in Allansford for free tastings and to step back in time.
• Hopkins Falls – Pack a picnic and use the table and chairs on site and there are also toilets on site. There is a very short walk down to a viewing area at the base of the falls so perfect for the little ones.
• Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village by day and Shipwrecked Sound and Laser Show by night - Imagine Sovereign Hill but with ships only 10 minutes away.
• Fishing: Warrnambool has a broad range of recreational fishing opportunities ranging from freshwater fishing in the lakes and rivers to estuarine and saltwater fishing in the bays, inlets and ocean.
• The Warrnambool Racing Club: country Victoria’s leading racing club, playing host to 20 days of racing action throughout the year.The number of people in Warrnambool double during the world renowned Tab corp May Racing Carnival.