More than a destination, Keren's Place is a state of mind. Find out why busy people love to return every year, with their pets, to enjoy the unique, rustic charm of Keren's Place.
Escape to a special place in time where you can relax and enjoy the beauty and harmony that nature has to offer in a cosy fully self-contained 2BR Cottage (see FEATURES below). Enjoy your own relaxing home-away-from-home, just 100m from the beach, on the Great Ocean Road.
Sit and watch the waves from the covered deck outdoor setting, bamboo blinds for privacy, and your own BBQ area. The garden has a lawned area, hammock and additional outdoor settings to relax in privacy. Fully fenced and secure for pets.
Keren's Place is 15 mins from Lorne, just around the corner from Wye River (1km, 15 minute walk via Paddy's Path across the hill) and a perfect base for day trips to tourist attractions along the Great Ocean Road.
Plan to stay for at least 2 nights so that you can really relax. We know that you cannot relax completely if you know that you have to pack up again in the morning. For this reason we prefer a minimum stay of 2 nights (3 nights for Long Weekends).
Also available is a cosy Unit-for-Two (see also Keren's Place Unit-for-Two), under the same roof, available separately or together).
The 2BR COTTAGE has a wood fire, wheelchair access and disabled facilities (contact for further details and equipment available). Access is via the ramp to the right of the house. Fully self-contained with TV, DVD, VCR, CD, Free-to-Air satellite TV, all cooking facilities, crockery and cutlery, microwave. The main BR has QS bed, second BR has double bunk (double on the bottom, single on the top), and fold-out sofa bed in the lounge room. Sleeps 5.
The back yard has a lovely lawn area and garden. Fully fenced, with narrow pool fencing across the front and at side entrances. OK for toddlers and larger dogs that will not jump over.
• Fully self-contained with plenty of extras – a home away from home!
• 100 metres to the beach
• Pets welcome, yard fenced
• Cosy wood fire for your comfort
• Sleeps 5
• 2 night minimum stay (3 nights for Long Weekends)
• Entry available via mobile phone app (downloaded prior to your stay)
• Please note that Telstra mobile reception is good, no coverage at Sep for Optus and other carriers
• BR 1 has QS bed
• BR2 has double bunk (double on bottom, single on top),
• Fold-out double sofa bed in lounge area.
• Doonas, pillows and extra cuddly blankets are provided.
• BYO sheets, pillowslips, towels, bathmats, teatowels.
• Doonas, doona covers, pillows and extra blankets are provided.
• Guests usually bring their own linen (sheets, pillow cases, bath towels and tea towels. Also bath mats and hand towels if required). This linen can be provided upon request for a nominal charge.
• Kitchen is fully equipped with cooking facilities
• Electric stove with hotplates, griller and oven
• Microwave, electric jug, electric frying pan, toaster
• All crockery and cutlery provided
• Coffee, Tea, a selection of Herbal Teas, Otway Chai Teas, Sugar provided for your convenience
• Pantry is stocked with Olive Oil and a selection of spices and condiments
• Dining table
• Cosy 2-seater recliner lounge
• 3-seater lounge (fold-out sofa bed), 2 chairs
• CD/Radio (wall-mounted with Ipod or MP3 player input)
• TV, DVD\VCR player
• Selection of VHS videos available for adults and children
• Selection of games available: chess, backgammon, playing cards, Connect 4, Trivial Pursuit and more
• Spacious deck under cover (ramp access) with outdoor setting and bamboo blinds for privacy
• Gas BBQ under cover in outside concreted area
• Outdoor setting under cover in BBQ area
• Lawn area for games or relaxing. Hammock provided
• Yard is fenced with gates across the ramp and walkway – ideal for pets or young children
• Wheelchair access and bathroom facilities for elderly or disabled
2BR Cottage Disabled Facilities:
• Ramp for easy wheelchair access and concrete path to BBQ and outdoor area under cover
Additional Facilities available on request:
Approx 2.5 hours from Melbourne
Approx 1.5 hours from Geelong - leisurely drive
15 mins from Lorne, towards Apollo Bay
20 mins from Apollo Bay, towards Lorne
1 min from Wye River (10 min walk)
Guest Book comments:
"What a beautiful energy you have created Keren! We loved it and will definitely by back".
"Many thanks for sharing your beautiful cottage, ideal holiday. A warm and serene atmosphere. all you could wish for".
Things to Do
Relax .... relax ..... relax ......
• Do whatever makes you happy!
• Relax on the deck and watch the waves
• Feed the kookaburras and King Parrots
• Stroll along the beach
• Enjoy a meal or a cuppa at the Wye General Store, Wye River Hotel or Kennett River Cafe.
• Go fishing
• Sit on the beach and just relax
• Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the winding tracks through the native bush, or take one of the local Heritage Trails
• Watch TV or a DVD
• Meditate to a relaxing and rejuvenating meditation CD
• Take day trips to the Twelve Apostles, the Otway Fly and other attractions along the Great Ocean Road
• Take a day trip to Colac and visit some of the local tourist attractions, including Red Rock (extinct volcano) and wineries.
• TO CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING PLEASE CONTACT US WITHIN 24 HOURS TO ARRANGE PAYMENT, OR PAY ONLINE VIA STAYZ
Booking implies acceptance of Accommodation Terms and Conditions:
ACCOMMODATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• Payment, confirmation of the booking and commencement of tenancy implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions
• Arrival time is from 3pm and departure time is prior to 11am. Early arrival or late departure may be possible by prior arrangement.
• Keren’s Place is your holiday home-away-from-home. It is a condition of booking that you leave Keren’s Place as you found it. Please take time prior to your departure to ensure that indoor and outdoor furniture is returned to its original location, utensils are left in the same place, dishes are washed, dried and put away and floors are cleaned. A vacuum cleaner is provided for your use. Failure to comply with these conditions will incur an additional cleaning charge of $70\hour.
• Keren’s place is pet friendly and welcomes your pet as an important member of your family. Your pet is allowed inside (providing they are house-trained). Please vacuum prior to your departure and take extra care to ensure there is no pet hair on furniture, rugs or floors and all pet droppings are picked up from the outdoor area. Failure to comply with these conditions will incur an additional cleaning charge of $70\hour.
• Please do not leave your dog alone if it is likely to bark continuously and disturb neighbours or other guests. If we receive complaints that this is occurring consistently, you may be asked to remove your pet, or leave without refund.
• It is your responsibility to ensure that your pet does not cause distress or injury to any other guest, pet or wildlife on or away from the property.
• Fencing is provided around the yard however it is your responsibility to ensure that your pet is safe and secure.
• Tiger snakes are common in the area in summer. Please take extra care with your pet.
• Keren s place accepts no liability for any mishap, injury or illness to your pet either on or off the property at any time, or if they should they escape from the premises either in your absence or while you are at the property.
• Keren s place accepts no liability for damage or injury to other people, animals or wildlife caused by your pet either on or off the property.
• When you arrive, if you notice anything broken, damaged, or the property does not meet your expectations in any way, please notify us immediately on so that the matter can be rectified. If you do not contact us we assume that everything is in order for you. We also assume that any damage found following your departure occurred during your stay.
• We understand that accidents happen so please let us know immediately so that it can be replaced or fixed immediately (or whenever is appropriate), either for your convenience or prior to the arrival of our next guests. We know you will understand that all breakages are to be paid for. Guests agree to allow the owner/authorised person to enter the premises at any time to carry out any necessary repairs or inspections.
• Guests are respectfully requested to be water-wise during their stay. Keren's place uses tank water (beautiful to drink) which is usually in short supply during summer months. Water usage is monitored and excessive usage will incur additional charges.
• Guests are responsible for the safekeeping of their possessions, however, if we find anything you have left behind, we will let you know and return it to you if possible.
• The number of occupants must be the same as the number booked. If extra guests are staying without prior notice, booking may be cancelled and the entry code invalidated, or extra tariff required.
• Guests agree that they will not create any nuisance, undue noise or do any acts, which shall be of any annoyance to the owner\occupier of the adjoining Cottage\Unit or neighbouring properties. Guests agree that they will not keep any bird or animal on the premises during tenancy unless by prior arrangement with the owner/agent.
• The booking is made in good faith by the owner/agent and may be subject to change if actions or events occur outside owner/agent s control. Prices are subject to change. Tenant may be notified by the owner/agent prior to the commencement of the booking. Every reasonable endeavour will be made to offer alternative arrangements should this occur.
We look forward to welcoming you to Keren's Place.