If you’re after a once in a lifetime, unforgettable retreat in the majestic Australian wilderness, this is the property for you
Captain Cook first sighted the shores of Australia in 1770 from the Endeavour, and this magnificent point of the south-east coast of Australia was named Point Hicks after a crewman on board. Having lived its early days keeping people safe from the shores, it now welcomes them to experience this incredible location for themselves.
Perfect for family groups or friends get-togethers, the two historic Oregon and Baltic pine cottages with cosy wood fires can sleep up to eight guests each, with a basic bungalow also available.
Enjoy the glorious panoramic views from the tallest lighthouse on mainland Australia, or take walks on the secluded beaches, with unlimited opportunities to snorkel, canoe and take hikes. If you’re here from June to early December, you’ll also be able to catch an incredible glimpse of whales swimming past in the ocean.
Take a trip back into Australian history & book in your holiday this unique destination now
The area around the point itself is ideal for short walks, enjoying the views and watching seals, birdlife, dolphins and at certain times of the year whales.
Other activities include:
- Walking to the wreck of the Saros, West Beach, Honeymoon Bay and the sand dunes.
- Visiting the lighthouse tower, climbing to the top and viewing the original Fresnel lens and enjoying stunning views of the surrounding park.
- Fishing – Surf, estuary and rock. You’ll need rods, tackle, plenty of bait, a fishing licence and possibly a canoe for the Mueller River. The main fish caught are Bream, Salmon, Flat Head, Gummy Shark and Mullet.
- Canoeing on the Mueller inlet and river – Canoes, paddles and safety equipment are available for hire.
- Snorkelling or diving in the marine park, bring your own goggles, snorkel, wetsuit, flippers etc.
- Swimming, surfing or just lounging on the beach – Boogie board, surfboard, bathers, bucket and spade, bat and ball, and a Wetsuit will all make this a more active time.
- Mountain bike riding – bike, helmet, pump and repair kit.