This 4 bedroom 3 bedrooms in main house and a sleep-out room, 2 bathroom holiday house has breathtaking deck views over Mallacoota's waterways, the Ocean and Gabo Island, is the perfect family holiday house.
Minimum stay is 5 days longer during peak periods eg. Christmas and Easter.
The house is fully self contained with all linen provided including towels. The kitchen is well equipped.
Located 2kms from the centre of town. It’s a short distance to the boardwalk & bike path along the lake's edge.
There is off street parking for cars and room for a large boat, with a 2 bay covered carport off Raheen Drive.
The rate listed is for 4 adults and three children, additional people are charged $15 per person, per night – to cover extra cleaning and energy costs.
Two living areas
- a formal lounge area with two couches, a large dining table, piano, fireplace, small bar and reverse-cycle air conditioning heating and cooling.
- a casual living and dining area has two leather couches and a six seater dining table next to the fully equipped kitchen and reverse-cycle air-conditioner heating and cooling.
- outside seating and table next to the bbq which takes in the stunning view.
The kitchen is large with a gas stove-top, electric wall oven, microwave, dishwasher and fridge, plus a range of cooking gadgets that includes, turbo cooker, steamer, rice cooker and other items to help meal preparation, as well as a coffee machine takes Expressi capsules from Aldi.
One Smart TV can used to stream from own device, internet only available via your own dongle - Telstra are unable to provide wifi capability.
One smaller TV with DVD player - in casual living area.
Fairy-Wren House is a smoke-free house, people are welcome to smoke on the balcony.
Mallacoota has breathtaking lakes, beaches and coastline and a multitude of activities to enjoy.
There are four stunning beaches:
1. Bastion Point - the main beach, is an awesome 14km stretch of sandy beach with fishing,
swimming and wonderful surfing.
2. Betka Beach - is ideally located at the mouth of the Bekta River, is ideal for family barbecues and
a favourite small children swimming spot.
3. Quarry Beach - is ideal for walks and beach rod fishing and further along
4. Secret Beach - is accessible via a bush track.
The native plants attract an astonishing array of native birds over 170 species have been identified in the surrounding national park. There are two bird feeders in Fairy-Wren garden, and nearby Koala’s can be seen on occasions and a large group of kangaroos which have been befriended by the locals.
The house is within walking distance of the Mallacoota shared pathway for bicycles and pedestrians and four fishing platforms, located a short stroll from the house at the bottom of the hill.
Sporting amenities include an 18 hole golf course, three tennis courts, lawn bowls and numerous fishing opportunities in the lake and sea.
There is a new all-weather boat launching facility for ocean going boats, with moorings and parking, making going over the bar unnecessary.
Options such as bush walking, cycling, canoeing, wind surfing, bird watching, fishing, surfing, golfing, lawn bowls are available, not to forget enjoying the excellent cuisine in four restaurants is a must. Fishing boats, push bikes and kayaks can be hired over summer.