Great for families, groups or couples; 3 bedrooms upstairs 1 Q; 1 D and 2 single beds (all with heaters and fans) and bed linen and towels supplied.
Downstairs comprises of a large fully equipped country style kitchen with dining table; lounge; bathroom; shower room and separate toilet.
A wood heater in the kitchen/dining room and open fire in the lounge makes for a cosy stay.
A wisteria frames the north-facing verandah which is ideal for enjoying your favourite meal/wine or reading a book. It also has a gas BBQ and outdoor couch.
The garden contains a small pond (with safety mesh) with rockery and plenty of shaded and sun-filled spots to enjoy the tranquillity and abundant bird life, blue wrens galore. There is plenty of room with lockable front and rear porch and undercover parking.
Sorry no pets as the adjacent farms have livestock.
To help you get the most out of your time away a late check out at no extra cost may be available (not available on one night stays)-- please confirm with owner.
Tiptre is less than 1 km from the historic Swiss Mountain Hotel. The Swiss Mountain provides meals and regular music events.
The locality is named after Ann Marie Blampied and her brother Emile from Lorraine, France. They later established the first vineyards at Great Western.
Tiptre is a short drive to -
- Daylesford (9 km)- cafes, shop, farmers market and bush walks
- first Saturday in December the Daylesford Highland Gathering
- Hepburn Springs - mineral springs and baths;
- Hepburn Swiss Italian Fiesta
- Captain Creeks (2 km) organic wines & cheeses
- Rocklyn (5 km) Ashram
- Smeaton (14 km) with historic Anderson's Mill: original grain mill with large waterwheel (usually open 1st weekend in April)
- Dean(9 km) and Clarke's Hill - on top of The Great Dividing Range, you can see forever
- Clunes (30 km) a gold mining town with a focus on books
On the way to Creswick visit Springmount's Tangled Maze (12 km) with mini golf, nursery and cafe; Creswick's attractions include the Woollen Mills - with fine alpaca products. Next door are the Wood Benders that use original craft techniques for wood furniture, as featured in Jamie Dury's award winning garden at the Chelsea Flower Show. Pay a visit to cafes, nursery and Creswick Museum.
Just over half an hour gets you to Ballarat's Eureka and gold history. Ask about Tiptre's own connection with the gold museum!
Ballarat beautiful Botanical gardens and excellent bird sanctuary at Mount Helen and Ballarat Wildlife Park.
Ballarat Heritage Weekend - Mothers Day weekend