One of four Edwardian solid-brick terraces in a quiet street, Jasper Cottage has two bedrooms, one with queen-size bed, the other with a double bed. Both have built-in robes and good natural light.
Polished jarrah flooring is laid in the bedrooms, hall and bathroom, with slate in the open-plan kitchen, dining and living area. Lightwells give the bathroom/laundry and the dining areas a bright, open feel. Relaxing on the sofa and chairs in the sunny, north-facing space at the rear, you can gaze through the full-width windows onto the pretty brick courtyard with its gardens, exotic potted plants and fish pond.
A well-equipped kitchen is provided. Have breakfast in the sun at the wrought-iron setting in the courtyard; and after a hard day's enjoyment, vege out with TV, a DVD, the sound system - or flick through a poetry book
Heating is by radiator panels in each room, with reverse-cycle airconditioning in the open-plan living/dining area.
Double brick and quiet neighbours mean you hear very little from either side, or from the local-traffic street outside.
You're perfectly located for enjoying all of inner-Melbourne's attractions - centrally placed to reach the city, or funky Brunswick St, or the fine old terraces of North Carlton and Fitzroy. Every way you walk, you'll find elegance and interest - and locals enjoying themselves.
Your cottage is in a one-way residential street, with beautiful old plane trees in the centre nature strip, and maples along each footpath. It's far enough away from through-traffic streets to be quiet, but near enough to eat at any of the good restaurants along Rathdowne St within a 2-minute walk - or pick up a great takeaway chinese at Fu Lu's
A bus runs into the city every ten minutes, just round the corner in Rathdowne St. Or walk five minutes to Lygon St and catch a tram into the city, or out to Brunswick. Or rent a bike for a couple of dollars - nearest location is in Faraday St between Lygon and Swanston Sts.
PARKING: Visitors parking permits are available for limited street parking. For longer-term parking, GreenCo Parking has convenient and cheap $7-17/day 24-hour parking lots in Fitzroy and Carlton, both about 10 minutes walk from the cottage.
- Wander along the beautiful old streetscapes in Carlton, North Carlton, Fitzroy, Collingwood
- Lively Lygon St is a five minute walk, with Italian cafes, high-fashion shops and the classy Nova cinema
- Walk round the corner from the cottage to the right into Rathdowne St for fine restaurants and cafes, all the way up through North Carlton
- Or turn left and there's more fine French restaurants; keep walking for 15 minutes, past the beautiful Exhibition Gardens with Imax and museum, and you're at the city's edge
- Walk seven minutes to Brunswick St, and catch the weird, the wonderful, the wacky, tacky and lip-smacky that is the beehive of cafes, pubs and funky fashion in the streets of Collingwood and Fitzroy
- Take a bus or tram into the city. In ten minutes you can be shopping, visiting the national galleries, Federation Square, Southbank on the Yarra, or just exploring Melbourne's endless attractions