The Hive Graffiti Apartments is a world first hip hop building. A larger than life concrete graffiti relief façade complete with arrows, swooshes and drips has been knitted into the existing heritage brick shell of an old Carlton shop. An urban street is celebrated by making permanent this ephemeral art.
The interior has been shaped by the expressive hip hop language of the façade, remnants of the existing brickwork, beehive patterned travertine floors and designer furniture selection.
The ground floor apartment with outside patio is available for short stayz rental. This spacious 75 sqm one bedroom apartment can easily convert into two bedrooms with a sofa bed and privacy screen.
Complete with a 1970's Bang & Olufson hi-fi system and record player, you can enjoy Melbourne from this inner city street art haven!
Carlton is a suburb of Melbourne 2 km north from the central business district. Tram and bus stops are nearby and it is walking distance to most inner city destinations.
The suburb is well known for its "Little Italy" precinct on Lygon Street, for its Victorian architecture and its garden squares including the Carlton Gardens. It is situated nearby to Melbourne's many street art attractions.
Located in the heart of Carlton on Rathdowne St, the apartment is directly opposite to the popular Beaufort Pub and walking distance to shops, restaurants and Melbourne nightlife.
Other things to note
- Guests have access to entire apartment and patio area.
- The TV lounge area can convert into second bedroom with sofa bed and privacy screen.
- Included in your stay is a meal voucher at Easeys in the nearby End to End building, the sequel to The Hive Graffiti Apartments.
- Double glazed windows have been newly installed.
- Parking can be made available by arrangement.
- The owners and architect of the Hive Graffiti Apartments live in the upstairs apartment and are more than happy to provide a tour of the building and talk about the design of the Hive or the End-to-End building.
- No smoking inside. Smoking allowed in the patio area as long as patio window is open and sliding kitchen door is closed.
- Pets allowed.
- Please leave apartment as you found it.