Situated in the esteemed Suburb of Clifton Hill is our stunning 120+ year old warehouse loft apartment. An iconic landmark in a tranquil residential street, this solid brick warehouse brick warehouse residence is a powerful reminder of Melbourne's rich industrial history.
This stunning heritage listed building was once set in the heart of the boot making district. For many years it was a tannery, also making saddles for the light horse brigade in WW1. The history of the building can be explored in every square meter of the original brick wall and floor boards with remnants of handmade nails, ink spills and even fire are still evident, etched in to the history forever.
The generous open plan living is flooded with natural light and has city views from every window. The bedrooms and living areas are very generous with plenty of room to spread out and not be tripping over your belongings.
The large open plan kitchen features quality European appliances with ample bench space and can easily accommodate the largest of celebrations and dining.
The 6 metre tall ceiling opens up to the mezzanine level with original exposed beams. 7 metres of floor to ceiling glass opens out to the deck with uninterrupted city views; a magnificent spot to watch the sunset over the CBD.
STRICTLY NO PARTIES ALLOWED, NO PETS ALLOWED & NO SMOKING AT ANY TIME IN THE APARTMENT.
• The building is 120 years old and noise can travel a little. Being on the top floor, it won’t bother you, but is can bother others below. We truly want you to relax and enjoy your stay, but also to please consider the comfort of the neighbours.
• Please leave the place the same way you found it when checking out
• No Smoking at any time
• Noise to be kept to a minimum after 10pm
• Shoes Off Inside. The whole house is beautiful timber flooring, reaped in history. We don’t want to be pedantic and ask you to take your shoes off at the door, rather if you are home for the evening, perhaps consider removing your shoes for the comfort of the tenants below.
• We are very happy for kids to stay, but please, no running in the apartment as that noise really travels to the apartment below.
• I hope we will never have to enforce this, however, noise must be kept to a comfortable level at all times for the comfort of all residents. If any noise complaints are received from the neighboring residents you will be asked to vacate the premises immediately. Your accommodation tariff will not be refunded. Your security deposit will not be refunded.
• Check-in From 2PM and check-out is up to 10AM.
• Check in & Check out procedures are detailed via email once reservation is confirmed.
• No Housekeeping Service Provided if the stay is below 7 nights.
• If you are on a continuous 7 days + stay, a complimentary weekly Housekeeping mini service will be provided. Which will include changing of bed linen, refreshing towels, and a general tidy up of the apartment.
• A starter pack will be offered at the commencement of the stay. The starter pack will include salt, pepper, oil, milk, tea, coffee, sugar, washing powder and soap.
• By reserving the apartment you are accepting the terms/conditions and house rules specified.
Superbly positioned year-round: close to the lush Darling Gardens and Quarries Park at either end of the street, the peaceful Merri Creek, Clifton Hill Station and the cafes and culture of Queens Parade and High Street Northcote.
We are in the heart of Clifton Hill, 6km from the CBD and just 10mins by train to the MCG and the Tennis Centre.
900m walk to the station, 1km walk to trams, local cafes, great pubs, restaurants, supermarket and pharmacy. 700m walk to a gym, indoor pool/spa/sauna and tennis courts.
At the other end of the street:
1.7km walk along the Yarra River trail to the Collingwood Children’s Farm and Abbotsford Convent
25 min stroll along Merri Creek to the historic Fairfield Park Boathouse & Tea Gardens on the picturesque Yarra River.
25 min stroll along the Yarra River parkland to the lovely Studley Park Boathouse
ABOUT CLIFTON HILL
Our suburb is a vibrant community 6km from the CBD with plenty of shopping, cafes, restaurants and a short walk to Fitzroy's famous Smith St, hip Gertrude St, or eclectic High St Northcote, all filled with artisan shops and fabulous places to eat & drink. The number 86 Tram takes you directly along all of these streets, making it very easy. Within only a few kilometres of our apartment you’ll find some of the best coffee, food and gelato in Melbourne; and yes, Messina Gelato in Smith St is worth the wait!
FOOD & SHOPPING
Collingwood/Fitzroy/Northcote is a food lover's paradise - within walking distance of our home are over 300 cafes, restaurants and bars catering to all tastes - Coffee shops, Modern Australian, Italian, American, Thai, Japanese, Mexican, Vietnamese, Latin American, Greek, Malaysian, Organic, Vegetarian, Ethiopian, French, Korean, Chinese, Indian, Tapas, Pubs, etc etc. There are also a huge number of small to medium size stores and boutiques including many vintage stores, local designer clothing, designer homewares, furniture, and gift shops. Almost all these stores and eating establishments are independently owned - there are virtually no large chains present in the neighbourhood, which gives the area a real spirit of its own. In addition to these, the north end of Smith St is home to the outlet stores of many major sports/fashion brands.
There are many great places to visit in close proximity to our home - Melbourne Museum, IMAX Cinema, Collingwood Children's Farm, Abbotsford Convent (galleries and cafes as well as regular farmer's markets), Fitzroy outdoor swimming pool, Collingwood (indoor) aquatic centre, etc. There are parks and amazing playgrounds at either end of our street, even a great skate park with city views. With so many walking/bike paths and close promimity to everything, we literally hardly used our car at all. Within minutes you can be walking along the Yarra River or Merri Creek trail and feel 100 miles away from the city. For those after a greater expanse of green space, we are around 15-20 minutes walk (or 5-10 minutes drive) to the beautiful Fitzroy Gardens, Carlton Gardens, and Edinburgh Gardens which are three of Melbourne's largest parks. The breathtaking Melbourne Botanic Gardens are around 10 minutes drive. The nearest beach is St Kilda which is around 20 minutes drive (30mins on bus) - this is an urban beach with a vast expanse of sand and safe swimming waters and the promenade is lined with cafes and restaurants. For a quieter and more rugged beach experience both the Mornington Peninsula and Great Ocean Road can boast stunning beaches and can be reached by car in around 60-90 minutes.
- Clifton Hill train station is 900m away. Trains leave at about 10 minute intervals and express trains are only 3 stations into the city, and 2 stops to the MCG and Tennis Centre.
- the number 86 tram stops on Queens Parade Village Precinct within 1km of our home and will get you into Melbourne's CBD in around 10 minutes. There are also buses reaching destinations in every other direction.
- Walk into central CBD is about 25 min, a bit longer if you take in a coffee and the culture of Smith Street and Gertrude Street
- There are many cycling trails in the area and the central CBD is only a 10 minute ride away.
We have secure 2 car spaces on the property for you to use. For those interested in car sharing/rental, there are 6 x Flexicar locations available within 1km of our property.