Located less than 6km east of the CBD, this light, bright and spacious one bedroom apartment will give you comfort and privacy in one of Hawthorn's most prestigious streets, while being only a short distance to public transport, the Yarra River, local parks, shops, restaurants and the University of Melbourne Burnley Campus.
Part of an older, small, complex of only 10 apartments, you will have loads of space, peace, quiet and privacy.
The apartment features include:
- Spacious living area, with 40" flat screen tv and 3 seater leather sofabed with innerspring mattress from Freedom
- Older style, but fully equipped, kitchen no dishwasher;
- Large double bedroom with black-out blinds, queen bed with quality mattress, pillows and bed linen for a great night’s sleep
- Central bathroom with shower over bath, towels, hair-dryer and essential toiletries;
- Separate laundry with washing machine and drying rack
- Private rear courtyard with small garden including fresh herbs and outdoor table and chairs
- Heating and air-conditioning
- Single on-site parking for one car
- Free street parking
Glenferrie Rd: You should find everything you need in nearby Glenferrie Rd, including supermarkets, hairdressers, all the major banks, and even a cinema. Find the current fashions at many great boutiques, pick up some gourmet produce from a local grocer, and soak up the lively food and wine scene by exploring the bars and restaurants along the strip.
Melbourne Cricket Ground MCG, AAMI Park and Melbourne Park: If you’re in Melbourne for the football, tennis, cricket or rugby, or any of the other sporting or concert events that Melbourne has the privilege to host, all of these venues are only a 15 minute tram or train ride away 70 or 75 trams and Belgrave/Lilydale line train.
Yarra River: For a bit of exercise, you can go for walk, jog or cycle along the beautiful Yarra River, just around the corner.
Bridge Rd: If you’re after a bargain, break out your sensible walking shoes and head to the clearance outlets in Bridge Rd, less than 3km away.
Kew Junction: Take a 2km stroll to Kew Junction, another busy strip of specialty shops, cafés, specialty produce stores, fashion stores, and a great selection of restaurants.
Camberwell Junction: A little further away 10 minutes on the 75 tram or Belgrave/Lilydale line train is Camberwell Junction, where you'll find the Camberwell Fresh Food Market open Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, major chain stores, unique retailers, supermarkets, boutique eateries, lively wine bars and the magnificent Rivoli Cinema. On a Sunday morning, the famous Camberwell Market also comes alive, offering a variety of second-hand clothes, furniture, knick-knacks and curios.
Maling Rd: Further again 15 minutes on the 70 tram or Belgrave/Lilydale line train is historical Maling Rd,with its village setting and more than 50 shops restored to their original Edwardian style. Sample gourmet goodies at a specialty deli, satisfy your sweet tooth at an old-fashioned lolly store, and check out the other assortment of eateries and unique fashion and homeware stores that are there.
The apartment is an ideal base for day-trips into the eastern parts of Victoria. Sample Australia's best pinot noir and sparkling wines in the world-renowned Yarra Valley, or follow the winding road up through the thick, tall forests and cool fern gullies of the Dandenong Ranges, with its unique variety of picturesque towns and villages, homesteads and gardens, and Australia’s oldest steam train, Puffing Billy both 50 minutes away. Further afield, in about 90 minutes you can get to the stunning beaches, upmarket resort towns, wineries, cafes and restaurants along the Mornington Peninsula, or to Phillip Island, with its pristine white beaches, penguins and koalas in their natural habitat, and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.
Hawthorn is serviced by three railway stations Hawthorn, Glenferrie, Auburn and six tram routes 16, 48, 70, 72, 75, 109, with Hawthorn station and the 75 tram being the most convenient direct access into the city centre from the apartment.
To get to the apartment from Tullamarine Airport:
- By car: The apartment is about 35 minutes by car from Tullamarine Airport. If you don’t have your own car, Uber is the cheapest means of travel.
- By public transport: Take the Skybus to the Skybus Coach Terminal in Spencer Street and walk 3 minutes to Southern Cross Station. Then catch a Belgrave/Lilydale line train to Hawthorn station and walk 10 minutes to the apartment. Total trip time is approximately 1 hour.
To get to the apartment from Melbourne city centre:
- By train: Catch a Belgrave/Lilydale line train to Hawthorn station and walk 10 minutes to the apartment.
- By tram: Catch a route 75 tram to the Wattle Road/Power Street stop and walk 3 minutes to the apartment.