CLOSE TO THE MELBOURNE CUP ACTION!
MODERN, SPACIOUS, WELL POSITIONED IN A GREAT LOCALITY
Ideal for travellers on a driving holiday to Melbourne and surrounds.
** Automatically priced for use as a 1 BR or 2 BR Apartment **
Bright and airy, situated on a vantage point, it overlooks the historic Pipemakers Park and the Maribyrnong River precinct – with stunning views of Melbourne’s city skyline and just a stone’s throw away from Flemington Racecourse. Adjacent to Highpoint, the second largest shopping centre in Melbourne, you will have easy access to different modes of public transport (trams, buses and trains) to visit Melbourne CBD and other iconic attractions of the city. In and around Highpoint are a host of major retailers, eateries and a 50 metre indoor aquatic centre/gymnasium. The Maribyrnong River trail is nearby, and is great for jogging, cycling or a stroll.
The property is well furnished with good quality amenities, superb lighting and décor.
It has many features including:
- being part of a well maintained exclusive apartment complex
- free parking: secure remote controlled garage for two cars
- intercom access for visitors
- secure electronic entry to building and lift
- two generous bedrooms, one with ensuite
- a second separate bathroom with bath and shower
- window furnishing in living and bedrooms for privacy at night
- an open plan living and dining area
- a furnished balcony to enjoy the parkland and city views
- a fully equipped laundry with washing machine and dryer
The bedrooms are tastefully furnished and decorated, with
- luxurious and comfortable pocket sprung mattresses
- first bedroom with a queen bed
- second bedroom with twin single beds (extra long ones)
- an extra single quality air mattress is available on request, for a fifth guest
The modern fully equipped kitchen includes:
- gas cooktop
- electric oven
- large fridge and freezer
- quality appliances including a dishwasher, microwave, sandwich maker etc.
- coffee plunger with expresso style coffee
- selection of teas
- cooking amenities
Additional features include:
- reverse cycle air-conditioning
- digital LCD TV with free cable TV (Foxtel)
- Free Wifi Internet
- bathroom toiletries and hair dryer
Ideal for couples, families and groups, or visiting academics to nearby universities (Victoria, Melbourne and RMIT) and Western Health.
Enjoy the many facets of Melbourne, one of the most liveable cities in the world!
You will have easy access to many iconic and popular attractions of the city, whether by private or public transport. Melbourne CBD is only an easy 15 minute drive away (Uber there for $16, if you don’t have a rental car), or you can take the No.57 tram that takes you right into the heart of Melbourne. Alternatively, you can take a 10 minute tram or bus ride to Footscray for a dose of Vietnamese Pho noodles, before boarding a train for a short ride to Southern Cross station. Trams in Melbourne CBD are free!
There are many attractions in the city and also many just outside it. Here are some that might be of interest and that are accessible by tram:
Flemington Racecourse – the home of the Melbourne Cup
The Melbourne Showgrounds
The Kensington/Newmarket eateries precinct, with many great brunch places and Laksa King which serves arguably the best laksa noodles in town
North Melbourne/Errol Street precinct for some great Italian food and other cuisines
Queen Victoria Market
Moonee Ponds/Puckle Street shopping and eateries precinct – the home of Dame Edna Everage!
Moonee Valley Racecourse – home of the Cox Plate
Melbourne University Parkville Campus
Plus … easy access to all the major Melbourne freeways to visit many of Victoria’s attractions, including:
The Great Ocean Road
Geelong and the Bellarine
The historic goldfields in Ballarat and Bendigo
The Murray River
Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges
Daylesford and the Macedon Ranges
Please note: STRICTLY NO SMOKING, NO PARTIES OR FUNCTIONS
PHOTO ID is required before booking acceptance – Passport, Drivers Licence or similar