Superbly positioned moments to Chapel Street and Greville Street, Prahran, our elegantly restored home is an ideal place to stay and relax with family and friends.
With 3 beautiful light and airy bedrooms, 1 family-sized bathroom with bath, period details, well-maintained courtyard, and excellent central location 4km from the city and even less to vibrant Chapel Street our home has everything you need.
The living areas are north facing so they're flooded with uplifting natural sunshine. Quality and comfortable furniture has been chosen for your comfort and a little bit of luxury. Outside, there is a private courtyard with its lovingly cared for garden. If you like period detail and appreciate classic design with modern comfort and convenience, then you'll love this beautiful, light and warm space.
Located < 4km from Melbourne’s CBD, our home is the perfect accommodation for those wanting to shop along Chapel Street, attend sporting events in nearby MCG/AAMI Park/Rod Laver, or visit beautiful Albert Park. All of these are just a short walk/train/tram away It is also a low-maintenance, central option for families relocating / renovating and in need of a local fully furnished family home.
Located just off High Street, our home has immediate access to Prahran train station 300m walk, trams 100m walk to High Street for Tram 6 to the city or 200m walk to Chapel Street Tram 78 and buses Punt Rd bus.
Please be aware that this is NOT a party house. We have neighbours who work and have young families. If you intend to entertain nocturnally and like your music loud please make alternate arrangements.
• 3 spacious bedrooms 2 Queens and 2 king singles. A port-a-cot can also be provided upon request
• 1 bathroom with bath
• Street parking with permit provided upon check in
• Leadlight windows
• Arched hallways
• Polished floorboards throughout
• Three feature fireplaces
• Hallway skylight
• Dining area with seating for 6 additional seats also available
• Large paved courtyard at rear
• Quality Bedding All linen provided are High Quality 100 cotton
• Quality Towels & Face Washers High Quality 100 cotton
• Ducted gas heating throughout
• Fully equipped period kitchen Electric Oven, Gas Stove
• Refrigerator, Microwave, Toaster, Crockery, Cutlery, Cooking Utensils full set of pots, pans, bowls,& kitchen implements included
• Use of coffee machine pods provided
• TV LED 50" Full High Definition with Netflix included
• Washing Machine 7kg front loader
• Steam Iron + Ironing-board
• Vacuum cleaner
• FREE High speed WiFi provided.
COMPLIMENTARY WELCOME PROVISIONS:
• Tea, coffee, sugar, salt and pepper.
• Laundry Powder, Dishwashing liquid, Handwash
• Myki cards available
Bedroom 1: 1 queen bed
Bedroom 2: 1 queen bed
Bedroom 3: 2 x king singles
In addition, a port-a-cot can be provided upon request.
Located <5km from Melbourne's CBD, Prahran is a beautiful suburb with a village atmosphere. Restaurants, cafes, bars, fashion, gardens, facilities, and more – all within easy walking distance or short trip on public transport.
Chapel Street, High Street and Greville Street are only minutes away on foot, and are home to some of Melbourne's best coffee, bars and cafes.
Recreational facilities nearby include Prahran swimming pool, Fitness First Gym, Grattan Gardens, Windsor Siding, Victoria Gardens and Alma Park East. It is also very short trip to Albert Park Lake golf, running track, kids playground, MSAC, etc, Fawkner Park tennis courts, playground, gardens and the Botanic Gardens in South Yarra.
Everything you need is within easy walking distance, including supermarkets, Prahran Market, cafes, artisan bakeries, local galleries, live-music venues, and more.
Visit the Stonnington council website for details on local events in the area during your stay:
GETTING HERE AND AROUND
Once here getting around will be easy and convenient. Walking around is the best way to experience all the local suburbs have to offer. However, public transport options are easily accessible.
MYKI cards will be available for your use for the duration of your stay. MYKI is Melbourne’s public transport smart card system. The same card can be used to pay for all public transport in Melbourne – trains, trams and buses. Just charge the card with credit at any 7-11 and off you go.
Prahran Train Station is a short ~300m walk away. This is only 3 stops from the CBD South Yarra, Richmond, and into Flinders Street Train Station – so you will be in the city within 10min.
Chapel Street tram no. 78 ~200m walk away will take you up/down the heart of Prahran fashion district. While the High street tram no. 6 ~100m walk away will take you into the city within 10min.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
• Getting here from the airport – There are no direct airport shuttle transfers to Prahran from Melbourne airport. The best option would be to get an Uber from the airport directly to our house this is especially more cost effective if you have more than one person travelling together. Another option is to hop onto the red SkyBus that will take you from the airport into the city direct route into Southern Cross Station. They operate every 15min. You will then need to catch a taxi/Uber to our home.
• Cleaning - Please leave the house as you found it and keep it tidy and clean. It will help when we prepare the home for the next guests.
• Washing – You are very welcome to use the washing machine located in the bathroom cupboard. Please use the washing powder supplied. Note: If you do wash the supplied bed Linen, towels, and other manchester, then please wash the whites separately. That is, Please Do Not Mix White towels & white Sheets with coloured fabrics sorry if that's obvious, but this helps keep the linen in quality condition for future guests. A clothes horse has been provided for drying.
• MyKi cards – Please feel free to use these during your stay, but don’t forget to leave them at the house when you leave.
• Maintenance - Let us know if anything needs fixing or is broken we understand these things do happen. However unreasonable damage will incur costs.
• Noise - This is a quiet family neighbourhood. Please be respectful.