Located about 100 metres East of the homestead, "Tathra Cottage" is a cosy, mud-brick cottage with cathedral ceilings that offers a rustic farm stay experience reminiscent of a bygone era. The cottage sleeps two adults and is set in its own Sam Cox landscaped Australian native garden high on a hill with stunning views all round. It has a queen sized bed with pillow-top mattress, wood fire, and colonial out-door shower fitted with a wood-fired hot-water system. The outdoor toilet with hints of luxurious fittings is accessible via an automatically lit pathway. You’ll enjoy complete privacy and ambience.
3G/4G mobile internet and WiFi services are accessible from within the cottage for those guests wishing to keep in touch with the outside world. Other features include well appointed luxury kitchenette with half-draw dishwasher, microwave/convection oven, fridge/freezer, 2-burner gas cook-top and wine storage. Creature comforts include a Nespresso coffee machine, FoxTel TV and DVD player, a leather sofa for lounging about and an outdoor Weber gas BBQ with rotisserie. If you happen to forget to bring your favourite wine and cheese with you a selection of locally produced and imported wines and produce are also available for sale separately. While breakfast is normally a do-it-yourself affair we supply the breakfast cereals,eggs, bread, bacon, jams, juices, etc you also have the option of having your hosts prepare a delicious meal to start your day.
Guests also have access to the 6-8 seater spa located on the north-westerly side of the homestead where magnificent views of the sun setting over the nearby "3 Sisters" hills can be enjoyed. After sunset, enjoy a star-filled sky and the majestic Milky Way.
For those guests staying with us over a longer time frame, you will also have access to the homestead's modest gym comprising a walking/running treadmill, spin cycle, a range of free weights, exercise mat, aerobic step, and medicine balls.
Luxurious Sheridan linen bedding, towels, slippers and fluffy bathrobes is supplied.
Horse lovers accessing the local trails are also able to make use of up to three 4m x 8m stallion stables during their stay. Each stable has fresh water, hay feeder and hard feed bin. We can also provide hay and hard feed for a separate fee.
For more information on Tathra please visit www.tathrafarmstays.com.au.
• Paragliding 1km away. The Three Sisters is a popular venue for para-gliding and on a clear sunny day it is not uncommon to see as many 12 gliders and their pilots circling the locals hills.
• The Flowerdale Hotel 1.5km away. Open 10:00am to 10:00pm every day. The hotel provides a traditional pub dinner seven nights per week. The hotel is also a popular venue with car and motorcycle clubs on a Sunday afternoon providing a great opportunity to see many unique cars and motorbikes.
• Fly Fishing the King Parrot Creek 5km away. The small locality of Hazeldene offers several fly-fishing opportunities. One of the local personalities also offers fly-fishing lessons for a small fee with further details available on the Internet.
• The Flowerdale Estate 7km away. Operates Gracie’s Restaurant for finer dining evening meals except Sunday nights. Also provides a High Tea experience on Sunday afternoons however this is very popular with visitors to the region so pre-bookings are essential.
• Village Green & Pavilion 18km away. A popular cricket ground and pavilion modeled on England’s Lords and provides an enjoyable budget evening meal on Friday nights only in a club room setting. Club cricket matches are also played on most Saturdays and Sundays.
• Kerrisdale Mountain Railway 25km away. The Kerrisdale Mountain Railway operates several small steam powered engines and carriages capable of carrying passengers through a mountain-style landscape in the Kerrisdale location. The operators also offer train and carriage restoration services to other small railway operators.
• The Great Victorian Rail Trail 25km away. Cycle, walk or horse-ride all or selected sections of Victoria’s longest rail trail at 134km in length. Locally the Trail skirts the Goulburn River offering several places of interest to along the way. The Cheviot Tunnel located near Yea is very popular with visitors to the region.
• Broadford Motorcycle Complex 28km away. Legally ride your vintage, veteran or contemporary sports motorcycle at speed on one of Victoria’s high speed track circuits.