Stay a night, stay a week "Tathra Studio" is a fully self contained modern studio apartment with cathedral ceilings that comfortably sleeps two adults. The Tathra Studio is under the same roof line but completely separate from the Homestead with direct courtyard access to the tranquil fish-filled pond and rock fountain.
Please note the Tathra Studio is intended to be a getaway for adults and can not accommodate children over the age of six months.
The Studio has a queen-sized bed with pillow-top mattress, open fireplace, a full kitchen with dishwasher, AGA free-standing cooker and SolarDom microwave/convection oven, walk-in-robe and full ensuite. Creature comforts include a split system reverse-cycle air conditioning, Nespresso coffee machine, FoxTel TV and DVD player, and a comfortable leather sofa for lounging about on. Apartment guests wishing to enjoy a self cooked BBQ also have the use the Homestead's covered alfresco area fitted with a built-in Smeg gas BBQ.
Pop a cork, nibble on cheese and bickies, and just sink into serenity. If you happen to forget to bring your favourite wine and cheese with you a selection of locally produced and imported wines and produce can also be made available for sale separately. While breakfast is normally a do-it-yourself affair we supply the breakfast cereals, eggs, bread, bacon, jams, juices, etc you also have the option of having your hosts prepare a delicious meal to start your day.
Guests can also use the 6-8 seater spa located on the north-westerly side of the house where magnificent views of the sun setting over the nearby "3 Sisters" hills can be enjoyed. After sunset, enjoy a star-filled sky and the majestic Milky Way.
For those guests staying with us over a longer time frame, you will also have access to the homestead's modest gym comprising a walking/running treadmill, spin cycle, a range of free weights, exercise mat, aerobic step, and medicine balls.
WiFi Internet services are also available in addition to mobile 3G/4G data services depending on your carrier.
Luxurious Sheridan linen bedding, towels, slippers and fluffy bathrobes is supplied.
Horse lovers accessing the local trails are also able to make use of up to three 4m x 8m stallion stables during their stay. Each stable has fresh water, hay feeder and hard feed bin. We can also provide hay and hard feed for a separate fee.
For more information on Tathra please visit
• Paragliding 1km away. The Three Sisters is a popular venue for para-gliding and on a clear sunny day it is not uncommon to see as many 12 gliders and their pilots circling the locals hills.
• The Flowerdale Hotel 1.5km away. Open 10:00am to 10:00pm every day. The hotel provides a traditional pub dinner seven nights per week. The hotel is also a popular venue with car and motorcycle clubs on a Sunday afternoon providing a great opportunity to see many unique cars and motorbikes.
• Fly Fishing the King Parrot Creek 5km away. The small locality of Hazeldene offers several fly-fishing opportunities. One of the local personalities also offers fly-fishing lessons for a small fee with further details available on the Internet.
• The Flowerdale Estate 7km away. Operates Gracie’s Restaurant for finer dining evening meals except Sunday nights. Also provides a High Tea experience on Sunday afternoons however this is very popular with visitors to the region so pre-bookings are essential.
• Village Green & Pavilion 18km away. A popular cricket ground and pavilion modeled on England’s Lords and provides an enjoyable budget evening meal on Friday nights only in a club room setting. Club cricket matches are also played on most Saturdays and Sundays.
• Kerrisdale Mountain Railway 25km away. The Kerrisdale Mountain Railway operates several small steam powered engines and carriages capable of carrying passengers through a mountain-style landscape in the Kerrisdale location. The operators also offer train and carriage restoration services to other small railway operators.
• The Great Victorian Rail Trail 25km away. Cycle, walk or horse-ride all or selected sections of Victoria’s longest rail trail at 134km in length. Locally the Trail skirts the Goulburn River offering several places of interest to along the way. The Cheviot Tunnel located near Yea is very popular with visitors to the region.
• Broadford Motorcycle Complex 28km away. Legally ride your vintage, veteran or contemporary sports motorcycle at speed on one of Victoria’s high speed track circuits.