Warm and earthy redgum and stone log cabin nestled in the mountains on a 70 acre farm. Meander up the kilometre long driveway to a wow factor view when you arrive.
The off grid solar property encompasses the river flats of the King Parrot Creek to the summit of the highest mountain in the district. Walk to the summit, relax on the verandah or sit by the fire.
The house has a warm ambience with extensive use of natural materials.
The house comfortably accommodates ten people, two queen sized comfortable bedrooms each with utterly restful atmosphere, and another generous bedroom comprising three single bunks and a spare mattress for the kids or the larger gathering. There is a double sofa bed in the lounge and it's surprisingly comfortable
There is Wi-Fi unrestricted throughout the house, verandah and balcony.
• Combustion fire in living area wood provided
• Baby grand piano overlooking the property
• 3 Bedrooms in all plus retreat upstairs with a lounge and desk, opening onto sundeck
• Downstairs comprises one of the queen sized bedrooms, living, kitchen, bathroom and laundry. From the flat entry at the car parking area through to the lower level of the home it is all one level and wheelchair friendly, we have a sturdy handrail in the toilet.
• Full bathroom with claw foot bath, separate toilet
• Kitchen has microwave, espresso coffee maker, gas cooking, toaster, bar fridge
• Large screen TV and DVD player, screen casting from phone available no TV reception on site
• Small library, games and toys
• Laundry with washing machine
• Sandpit and slide viewable just outside main living area
HDMI cable and screen casting available to the large screen TV. Stereo with CD, vinyl record, bluetooth, AM/FM radio and auxiliary input.
Being off grid, on solar power and rainwater we do ask guests to be mindful of their power and water consumption.
The general store is 5 km away, and local hotel 3km away.
Strictly no outdoor fires.
Strictly smoke free home.
Pets by prior negotiation but not indoors.
Strictly no hunting on the property.
Being a farm there are a number of unfenced dams on the property. Additionally, as it is a working farm, you will sometimes see people and equipment at work on the property.
Flowerdale is home to the beautiful King Parrot Creek which has a 10km bike track along its banks, or you might like a swim in the cascading rock pools...
If you drive towards Strath Creek you can't go past the iconic Flowerdale Estate, a fabulous place for a special meal or high tea on Sundays. In nearby Yea, the choice of cafes, restaurants and pubs is vast for such a small town. Live music often graces the venues.
The Goulburn River High Country Rail Trail is a short ride or drive away. Cyclists will love the area for all it offers. In addition there is a ten kilometre bike path through our valley alongside the King Parrot Creek. With a stop for coffee at the local store or cold beer at the local Flowerdale hotel on the way back.
The tall trees some 80m in Toolangi are only a short drive away, visit Toolangi Forest Discovery Centre and Café, well worth a day exploring this magnificent area. Fly fishing enthusiasts frequently do well in the King Parrot Creek.
Hang gliders and para-gliders can frequently be seen at the top of our property. We have association with Melbourne Paragliding and can help arrange a tandem paraglide if you're so inclined bookings must be arranged well in advance though.
Miniature steam train rides are at nearby Kerrisdale.
Located only about 1 hour 20 minutes from Melbourne, approximately 1 hour 10 minutes from the Tullamarine International airport or 45 min from Lilydale. The drive here is scenic and enjoyable through beautiful forests and countryside whichever direction you come from.