Hills Road, Strathbogie, VIC, 3666
An exquisite homestead nestled amongst 5 acres of picturesque gardens with extensive views of the Strathbogie Ranges. An easy 2 hour drive from Melbourne, just off the Hume Fwy. Sleeping up to 7 guests in 3 bedrooms.
Be greeted by a white stone and tree lined driveway entrance with majestic gums. The home has undergone extensive and thoughtful renovations with an open plan kitchen/dining/lounge area with high ceilings, heating and cooling throughout and plenty of natural light. Heating is supplied via a slow combustion wood heater accompanied by reverse cycle A/C and heating to living and all bedrooms along with a stunning rock open fireplace. There are ceiling fans in the living and dining areas.
Take in the breathtaking panoramic views from the wide verandahs overlooking the working farm. You will even be able to see the cows grazing in the typical Australian landscape. This superb homestead lends itself so well to large groups getting together. With a spacious property on 5 acres of beautiful gardens, you will have plenty of space to kick back and relax. There are numerous outdoor areas where you can sit and enjoy a meal, a glass of wine or your morning cup of coffee.
Fancy a game of croquet? We have an authentic manicured Croquet lawn, all the specialist equipment with Gazebo viewing and courtside seats. The kids will love playing hide and seek and finding secret spots such as the rose garden, the wishing well and beautiful big trees to climb.
Fully equipped kitchen with all the modern necessities including pots and pans, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, oven, stove, kettle and coffee plunger. Dining room with 8 seater dining table, TV, DVD, DVD’s, stereo, clothes dryer, washing machine, iron and ironing board.
Bedroom and Bathroom Details
Bedroom 1 – 1 x Queen Bed
Bedroom 2 -1 x Queen Bed
Bedroom 3 – 1 x Single bed and Single Bunks
Please request the following items to hire prior to your stay
- A porta cot and high chair: no charge but you must supply your own linen for the portacot.
Linen and Towels
Please bring your own towels and bed linen including 2 sheets per bed, pillow cases and doona covers, we will provide the doonas and pillows. We can supply linen and towels for an additional $40 per bed.
Bathroom 1 – Bath and separate Shower
Ensuite - Shower and Toilet
Powder Room - Toilet
Powder Room – Toilet
Please note we will deduct $500 from your credit card 10 days prior to your arrival. This will then be returned upon inspection of the property after your departure. Our rates are based on twin share. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed in advance. Please include all adults and children in your enquiry. If you have babies please advise their ages also.
We provide you with a starter pack of essential house hold items such as toiletries, dish washing detergent, washing powder, dish cloths, scrubbing brush, paper towels and toilet paper on check in. You will then need to purchase all necessities for the continuation of your stay.
From Melbourne Southern Cross Station take the V/Line towards Mansfield and Get off at stop Euroa-Mansfield Rd/Maroondah Hwy Merton. It will take approximately 2.5 hours. Then you will need to get a taxi to the property which is about a 20min drive as there are no other public transport options available.
Fernside is easy to get to from either the Maroondah or Hume Fwy. A hidden gem just 20mins from Euroa.
It is a 2 hr drive from Melbourne.
1. Get on M2 in Kensington from King St/Princes Hwy/State Route 60 and State Route 50. 10 min 3.9km.
2. Take Hume Fwy/M31 to Euroa Main Rd/C312 in Euroa. Take the exit for C312 from Hume Fwy/M31. 1hr 30min 157km
3. Take Euroa-Strathbogie Rd to Main St in Strathbogie
4. Then it is just a 20 minute drive to ‘Fernside”
Driving distance to:
• Nagambie: 1 hour 81.5 km
• Seymour: 56 minutes 76.8 km
• Shepparton: 58 minutes 71.6 km
• Benalla: 48 minutes 59.4 km
• Mt Wombat Lookout - Offers excellent 360 degree views of the area from the plateau on top of Mt Wombat. 13.3km, 17 min drive
• Polly McQuinns swimming hole– swimming, picnicking and barbeques in a natural environment. 8.4km, 9 min drive
• The Gooram Falls – A beautiful place to enjoy the views of the rockpools and water cascading over the rock or during summer go for a swim and picnic. 17.6km, 20 min drive
Restaurant Recommendations from the locals to you:
• Sevens Creek Pub, 28.5km, 26 min drive
• Euroa Butter Factory, 30.4km, 30 min drive
• Fowles– Cellar Door Café open during the day only, 65.5km, 49 min drive
• Flam Shan Chinese in Euroa, 29.4km, 28 min drive