The drive from Melbourne is 1 hour, 40 minutes. Pick up supplies on your way through Leongatha with its new super size IGA supermarket open until 10pm, its just 10 minutes drive from the house.
The location, just outside Koonwarra, is secluded with no other houses visible or close by. It's the 2nd last property on a quiet dead-end country lane yet Wilson's Promontory, Inverloch, golf courses, wineries and cafes are all a short drive away.
There is 10ha of forest and bushland to explore. There are tracks but these are not all cleared. You will need to bring good hiking shoes and watch out for wombat burrows
The house is double glazed and super energy efficient. It features all new whitegoods, beds, couches and kitchen ware. The living area catches all the winter sun but will be totally shaded by 4pm in the peak of summer.
- Large open living area. Dining table for 8.
- 1 x upstairs queen bed bedroom with ensuite
- 1 x double bed adults guest room
- 2 x Double bunk bedroom for friends and children
- 1x study for some privacy
- Modern kitchen with Fridge, Bosch Electric Oven/Stove, Dishwasher, cutlery, crockery, toaster, sandwichmaker etc
- Pantry with free to use items such as olive oil, tee, coffees, spices etc
- 2x bathrooms
- Deck has BBQ and 2 new modern sun beds
- New high efficiency ceiling fans
- In keeping with the eco-friendly nature of this accommodation a state-of-the-art worm farm waste system is installed. This allows you to compost all kitchen waste and paper goods excluding newspapers reducing rubbish and landfill.
Google "montys koonwarra lakehouse" for some more pics and info
- - - Emails from guests, bookings not from stayz - - -
2012: "The Koonwarra Lake House was a perfect place to have an Autumn retreat. There was so much we liked about it that I'm going to find it difficult to summarise, but I'll have a go. We loved...
- The stunning view of our own personal lake from the living area, balcony and master bedroom.
- The log fire, copious amounts of firewood under the house, and double-glazing throughout which meant that the house was toasty even on cold days.
- The kids loved splashing around in the lake and wildlife spotting, e.g. the wallabies that came out in the evening.
- The remote location which meant that it was peaceful and quiet. But we were still close enough to Wilsons Prom, Inverloch beaches and the local stores of Koonwarra.
- The quality of the fixtures and fittings and the amenities, e.g. flatscreen TV, DVD player, a big collection of DVDs, iphone dock, toasted sandwich maker, washing machine, dryer etc etc. Everything was brand new.
- Being dog friendly and surrounded by a fence so we didn't have to worry about losing him.
Highly recommended" Cheers Dave O'Reardon
- - -
2011: G'day Steve, Thanks so much for the house. My partner and I loved it, and our son enjoyed having his meals on the deck in the sun. The weather was perfect, saw a cloud just once. The deck was a great place to kick back with a beer and read the papers or a book. Spotted a few wallabies, foxes, Roos and a wombat. Our dog was intrigued by all of them, and scared too. Thanks again, and our friends who popped in have mentioned we should look at booking for next Easter.
We only had 1 problem, no microwave. Just took heating the baby's food a little longer. Have you any plans for stairs up to the deck. This way, our dog wouldn't have had to come inside at anytime. All in all, it was the most relaxing break I had, no phones, Internet and just sounds of birds and frogs. Shall let you know how we go with the Easter break. Regards, Grant B
- - -
2010: Hi Steven - I sent you a quick text, but in case you did not get it, we had a great time. Took a while and then chance to work out how the windows opened. It was necessary as its been warm up there ... Swimming in the lake was fantastic for all, and we loved the Rail Trail. I suspect its on the agenda, but the only issue we would have had was lack of shade on the deck. Its a wonderful property and if you would like we can post such comments on the web. Regards Giselle
- - -
2011: Hi Steve, We had a lovely time, the house is in a great situation with plenty of space - loved the lake, bird and animal life ...
Thank- you and hopefully we will be back.
Kind Regards, Karen & a happy, relaxed family.
- - - - Note from guests - - - -
2010: Dear S&J, Thanks so much for allowing us to stay at this wonderful place. We loved every minute ... once again thanks and if you ever decide to sell let us know. I & J.