The perfect relaxing getaway for the whole family - summer and winter
Anchorage Cottage, nestled in a garden setting has a well appointed lounge with wood fire - cut redgum supplied - that opens onto a large outside rear deck. Situated in a private and fully fenced tree shaded garden, this cosy, pet friendly cottage is just the place to relax and unwind - with the attractions of Phillip Island just on the doorstep.
Close to abundant wildlife, coastal walks, bike paths, boating facilities, fishing and swimming & surf beaches, Phillip Island's excellent restaurants, local wineries and fresh organic farm produce, sold nearby, all add to the assurance of a great stay for a fun-filled holiday or simply some well earned relaxation.
Anchorage Cottage boasts comfortable accommodation that includes a master bedroom with double bed and extra divan, a second double bedroom with double bed and flat screen digital TV and DVD player, and a small bunk-room with two beds. A ready to assemble Porta-cot is also available for young children and babies.
A bathroom with full sized bath aind separate shower, separate toilet, well appointed kitchen with dishwasher, microwave oven, electric oven and cook-top, pod style coffee machine and two door family sized fridge, as well as a laundry with washing machine and an outdoor barbeque are all there for your use.
The kitchen and separate dining room is accessed via four steps down from the bedrooms, which then lead via a further two steps to a lounge room with reverse cycle air-conditioning, wood fire, flat-screen digital TV, DVD, video and music facilities complete the accommodation package. Books, DVDs, records, games and ipod connections are all available to use if you need a break from the numerous outdoor pursuits to be found in the region. In addition, both TV setups include USB ports that enable you to connect your hard drive or USB stick with your favorite movies or TV shows - perfect for those winter nights
Note: Free WiFi throughout the cottage is now also included for your convenience.
Anchorage cottage itself sits midway along a quiet road, with a lovely bay beach less than 5 minutes walk at one end and a licensed general store/petrol station 3 minutes walk at the other.
The beach at the end of the road allows dogs on-lead at various times of the day depending on the season, and another beach only 3 minutes drive and way allows dogs off-lead at any time of day and year
Well behaved pets are most welcome inside the house - as long as they stay off the furniture
General booking details for "Anchorage Cottage":
1. BOOKINGS ARE USUALLY FOR A MINIMUM OF TWO NIGHTS, but for some special events and high-season periods, bookings are for a minimum of three or four nights.
2. NO SCHOOLIES GROUPS AND NO PARTIES. This property will not accept schoolies bookings. The house is located in a quiet residential area and noise and public disturbances will not be tolerated. Guests will be asked to leave the premises without notice should noise or nuisance complaints be received.
3. A fully returnable bond of $300 is required for ALL bookings.
4. Check OUT time is usually 11.00am although a later checkout is sometimes available - although not during school holidays. Check IN anytime after 2.00pm.
5. Doonas and pillows are provided, but guests are required to bring their own sheets, pillow cases and towels. Linen-hire is available for an additional charge if required.
6. This property is pet friendly for responsible owners. The garden is fully fenced and pets are allowed inside, but not on the furniture.
Ventnor & Phillip Island
Ventnor is a quiet, relaxed, seaside holiday location situated on a family friendly beach facing the Western passage into Westernport Bay, overlooking Bass Strait. Set amidst rolling farmland, it is a short drive from the world famous Penguin Parade and Seal Rocks to the West, and the bustling main township of Cowes to the East.
Phillip Island offers a unique concentration of natural and man-made attractions. Beautiful bay beaches, surf beaches, diving locations & shipwrecks, nature walks, extensive bike tracks, Koala Conservation Centre and Nature Parks. The Penguin Reserve & Penguin Parade, Seal Rocks and the Nobbies are just some of the natural attractions of the island with nearby Churchill Island, Rhyll Inlet and San Remo a short drive away from Ventnor.
In addition, the island boasts, daily scenic boat cruises and passenger ferry services, wineries, golfing facilities, health spas, the Grand Prix motor circuit, go-karting, ten-pin bowling, a giant water slide, mini-golf, abundant shopping, amongst other attractions.