This secluded beach retreat, nestled among the coastal tea-trees of Venus Bay, is the perfect place for a seaside getaway.
The Master Bedroom has a queen sized bed and an ensuite, the second bedroom has a queen sized bed and the third has two sets of bunks.
The huge deck out front is perfect for relaxing on the hammock or a sunset BBQ. If the weather doesnt permit being outside, we have tonnes of DVDs, Playstation and games for all ages (fishing rods and sports equipment also available)
You will need to bring along your own towels and all linen but other than that you should find everything you need to make your stay at Black Shack enjoyable and comfortable.
Please: No big group bookings, schoolies or Pipi hunters - this house is really suited to one or two small families.
Venus Bay is a small coastal settlement, nestled in vegetated sand dunes that back onto the wild waters and golden sands of the Bass Strait coastline. Close to the township, there are five superb surf beaches that are patrolled by surf lifesavers in the summer months, as well as the state's longest sand spit at Anderson Inlet, where you can find safe, sheltered beaches ideal for families and swimming. The coastline from Venus Bay to Cape Liptrap offers visitors the chance to see an old lighthouse and native Australian plants and wildlife.
Venus Bay is central to many natural attractions in the South Gippsland area, including Wilsons Promontory National Park, which is just under an hour's drive east.
Things to do
* Enjoy excellent surfing and windsurfing
* Walk the Point Smythe Nature trail through thick coastal vegetation
* Enjoy river, surf and estuary fishing
* See kangaroos grazing near mangrove flats along tranquil Anderson Inlet
* Take a self-guided bushwalk among the tea-tree at Cape Liptrap Coastal Park and see the historic lighthouse
*Stroll along the Tarwin Lower boardwalk, which follows the Tarwin River, a good spot for fishing
* View abundant bird life and mangroves at Bald Hill wetlands (close to Tarwin Lower and heading towards Walkerville).
* Head 20kms away to Fishie Pub for a great meal (kids play area) or an hour to the beauty of Wilsons Prom!