Escape, relax and enjoy the views! Longview @ The Bay is a comfortable, contemporary beach house equipped with all modern conveniences to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible!
Kick back on the deck as the kangaroos graze.
Only a short walk (approx. 500 metres) to Venus Bay's pristine beach no. 4.
Close to boat ramp at Andersons Inlet for estuary fishing
Main Features of the House
* Deck with stunning views overlooking farmland and Andersons Inlet
* 3 bedrooms:
o Master with queen sized bed, built in robes and own private balcony
o Queen sized second bedroom with built in robe
o Third bedroom with two sets of single bunks
o The living room also plays host to a fold-out double sofa bed
* Large open plan living/dining areas
* Reverse cycle air conditioning
* Flat screen TV
* DVD player
* CD player (with iPod connection)
* Gas BBQ
* Modern, well-equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances
* Laundry facilities
* High chair and portacot available for young uns!
* Watch out for our resident wombat!!
Local Attractions & Activities
* Pristine surf beaches (particularly romantic at sunset!!)
* Two licensed cafes
* Fantastic local country pub at Tarwin Lower:
o Great counter meals
o live bands
o Free courtesy bus on Friday/Saturday nights
* Safe, sheltered beaches ideal for families and swimming at nearby Doyles Beach, Andersons Inlet
* If it's pampering and relaxation you're looking for then book in for a massage, facial, aromatherapy spa bath, infrared sauna at Venus Bay Day Spa
* Close to Inverloch (approx. 20 mins drive) and the 12 kilometre scenic coastal drive from Inverloch to the seaside community of Cape Paterson, fronting Bunurong Marine Park. Regarded by some as a mini version of the famed Great Ocean Road
* Kongwak market every Sunday: collectables, retro, vintage and second hand items, plants and books (approx 40 kms)
* Farmers Market every Wednesday in January in Venus Bay (and other holiday periods) and other seasonal local markets (including Tarwin Lower)
* Enjoy a sav blanc at some of South Gippsland's picturesque wineries
* Stroll along the Tarwin Lower boardwalk, which follows the Tarwin River, a popular spot for fishing
* Take a bushwalk among the tea-tree at Cape Liptrap Coastal Park and see the historic lighthouse
* Walkerville, a 25 minute drive away, features stunning coastal views and great swimming and fishing spots.
* View abundant bird life and mangroves at Bald Hill wetlands (close to Tarwin Lower and heading towards Walkerville)
* Approx. half an hour drive to historic Coal Creek, Korumburra
* Easy access (approx 60kms) to Wilsons Promontory
* Close (approx an hour's drive) to the Penguin Parades of Phillip Island (Home of the Moto GP)
* And for the train enthusiast, check out the South Gippsland Tourist Railway whether it be to charter your own train, experience a murder mystery night, have a go at driving a train yourself or just to experience the fabulous views!
During winter, check-in time is 1pm and check-out time is 12 noon (this may vary if we get back to back bookings or if your booking is at short notice).
Some of our recent guests have said:
"The stay at your property was very pleasant and Venus bay is a beautiful
location. Our children loved watching the clear skies filled with millions
of stars at night. Pity we didn't have a telescope. They were mesmerised by
the kangaroos and wombats at night. They were in awe of the cows grazing on
your back fence in the mornings or at twilight." Nicolette, January 2015
"We all had a blast and everyone was pleased as to how the house was stocked up. Plus, the view was fantastic, made it a really soothing holiday. I will definitely be recommending your place to my mates." Tavish, October 2013
"We had a lovely stay in the house. It was clean and fresh and excellent value for money. Grand parents from Europe were super excited about the kangaroos ;-)." Marit, April 2013
"Longview had beautiful views and have recommended to friends." Patrick, January 2012
"Thank you very much, we had a lovely time. We liked your house a lot...and the view with kangaroos was wonderful." Maria, April 2011
"We had a great time, thanks - we were surprised by the kangaroos in the field (we had spent hours in Wilsons prom prior attempting to find kangaroos and then were amazed at how many we saw back at the house!)" Sandy, April 2011
"We had a lovely time indeed. the weather was very kind to us. The house was very comfortable and we even saw some kangaroos and a few bunnies." Kris, March 2011
"We had a great stay there. The view was terrific. The boys had a wonderful time there. They didn't want to leave! They love the beach. They certainly want to come back next year!" Michael, January 2011
"We really enjoyed the house and the view was certainly breathtaking to wake up to. The kids were spotting kangaroos all morning!" Leeam, December 2010
"We really enjoyed our weekend... The house was very homely, the views from the back verandah were just beautiful (the kangaroos were around), and the fishing was tops!!!" Andrew, May 2010